cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hive-API : registration.service.credential.exceed.max

Hive-API : registration.service.credential.exceed.max

olivier_descher
New Contributor

We use the API to create guest-accounts. After go-live and a few created visitors we get the api-response ..":"registration.service.credential.exceed.max","message":"The credentials exceed the maximum number (20) allowed. 

I first want to clean-up manually but cannot find these users in https://cloud-ie.aerohive.com/hm-webapp/#

Q: Where can i find these temporary users + how to clean then manually from the portal

Q: They should expire automatically (>24hrs) AND delete the user when expired but they don't. How can i automate this deletion of user when access is expiring, or else, increase this numer of '20' to a hundred ?

4 REPLIES 4

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm sorry for the delay getting back to you, I've been asking around but I haven't been able to find a way to do this, would you be able to open a support ticket for this question to see if it is possible to expand that character limit?

olivier_descher
New Contributor
Hi,

Today, registrations through the API are working fine.

Despite a new issue :

request: { "deliverMethod": "NO_DELIVERY", "email": "lien.dierckx@reclamebureauplug.be", "firstName": "Lien", "groupId": 165656888763625, "lastName": "Dierckx", "organization": "Plug", "phone": "", "policy": "PERSONAL", "purpose": "Lobbipad checkin" }

response
{"data":null,"error":{"status":400,"code":"registration.service.item.length.not.valid","message":"lien.dierckx@reclamebureauplug.be value must be between 1 and 32;","rawMessage":"ENnhlcopLe: null","errorParams":{"item":"lien.dierckx@reclamebureauplug.be","min":"1","max":"32"},"validationErrors":null,"moreInfo":null}}

the mailadres of this person is 33 chars.
many mailadresses exceed 32 chars. We wil have this issue a lot.
Is there a way to extend the number of chars that we can provide through the API ? Is it another setting in the backoffice of Aerohive?

Regards,

Olivier Deschères
Project Manager | die Keure IT

olivier.descheres@diekeure.be, +32 (0)475 80 97 30

[cid:image002.png@01D3E5F4.E2184A60]

Kleine Pathoekeweg 3, B - 8000 Brugge, T +32 (0)50 47 12 72
info@diekeure.be, www.diekeure.be<>

olivier_descher
New Contributor
Hi,
Thank you,
Your directives to ‘Global Settings> Credential distribution groups>’ solved my case, wihtout the need to reboot/restart

At the time the number of 20 was exceeded, i only counted 7 users in Configure> Users> User Groups
No other (past) users are visible.

It appears that the setting in ‘Global Settings> Credential distribution groups>’ is a counter that does not reset due to inactivity of users created in the past, it’s just a counter.

Regards,

Olivier Deschères
Project Manager | die Keure IT

olivier.descheres@diekeure.be, +32 (0)475 80 97 30

[cid:image002.png@01D3E5F4.E2184A60]

Kleine Pathoekeweg 3, B - 8000 Brugge, T +32 (0)50 47 12 72
info@diekeure.be, www.diekeure.be<>

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I've found we can eliminate that error message by clicking on the silhouette icon in the top right corner> Global Settings> Credential distribution groups> Open the group the admin who is creating guests is a member of> Make sure “Restrict the number of credentials per employee to #” is unchecked, or expand this limit to 100 if you'd like. 

Any users created should be under Configure> Users> Users. You can remove users here as well by checking the box next to the user in question and clicking on the trashcan icon towards the top, near "ADD". Expiration settings and the option to delete the user once it's expired can be found in the user group settings (Configure> Users> User Groups). If you have this set in the group, but the APs aren't implementing them my first suggestion is to push a complete configuration out to the APs, which will require a reboot. If you still aren't seeing your settings take affect, you can check the running configuration with the command "show run" to see what the AP is currently using. If you'd rather send me a tech data file, I can check this for you as well.

To get tech data using HiveManager (formerly NG, cloud.aerohive.com) go to 

Tools> Utilities> Get tech data> Check the box next to the device> Get tech data (blue button at the top of the page this time). 

  

This guide reviews how to get tech data from the CLI of the AP in case that's easier: 

https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Collecting-Tech-Data-via-CLI 

My direct email address is communityhelp@aerohvie.com in case you'd like to send the data to me directly.

GTM-P2G8KFN