cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to configure an interface to connect to a vlan as an untagged port. I set the PVID and set the vlan participation to include the vlan but I keep getting an IP address on the management vlan instead

I am trying to configure an interface to connect to a vlan as an untagged port. I set the PVID and set the vlan participation to include the vlan but I keep getting an IP address on the management vlan instead

larry_pazdernik
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

larry_pazdernik
New Contributor

Thank you for assisting with this.

I have the HP switch configured, so it is the Aerohive switch I am attempting to configure.

I tried setting the VLAN to 160 on port 3 on the Aerohive switch, but it does not appear to be working and it I believe it is staying on VLAN 1 as the native vlan, instead of using VLAN 160.

I'll see if I can contact support regarding this.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

I'm not entirely how to configure an HP switch, you'll probably want to talk to HP support, but it looks like the access port thinks 160 is your native VLAN instead of 10, I would see about setting the native VLAN on the switch to see if that helps things.

larry_pazdernik
New Contributor

I replied to your email but not sure if you received it.

Sam:

I added your email address to our account. The organization name Is Kearney Public Schools. I believe we are on Hivemanager NG, so not sure if you can access this from the outside. The Hivemanager URL is https://Hivemanager.kearneypublic.org.

I’m mostly trying to do this via ssh on the switch directly, and I believe I have interface 2 working, but on interface 3, I am trying to set it as an untagged port and that does not appear to be working.

Here is the switch config:

Interface 9 is the uplink port connected to our HP 5406 switch:

interface 1/0/9

classofservice trust untrusted

description 'Default settings for the access port'

switchport mode trunk

vlan participation include 10,20,30,37,50,70,160

vlan tagging 20,30,37,50,70

ip helper-address 10.5.0.5

exit

interface 2 is a port I configured for adding our AP’s, this appears to be working:

interface 1/0/2

switchport mode trunk

vlan participation include 10,20,30,50,70

vlan tagging 20,30,50,70

poe detection 4ptdot3af+legacy

exit

interface 3 is the port I am trying to access an untagged vlan on and keep getting an IP address on our Management vlan, vlan 10:

interface 1/0/3

switchport mode access

vlan participation include 160

poe detection 4ptdot3af+legacy

exit

I have tried adding vlan 160 as a tagged port on vlan 9, the uplink port, but it did not make a difference so I removed it as a tagged port.

I have also tried adding vlan pvid 160 on interface 3, and again it didn’t seem to make any difference, I keep getting an IP address on our management vlan, vlan 10.

Thank You for your assistance with this.

Regards,

Larry

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Would you be able to add me as an external user with the email address slynn@aerohive.com? No changes will be made, I just want to take a look at your configuration to see if I can find the issue. If you do want to add me, please also let me know your organization name (Silhouette icon in top right hand corner> Global Settings> Account Details).

GTM-P2G8KFN