cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created a new test account, once inside a policy and a location and purchased a new AP121 which I added in HiveManager. I don't see the SSID I created hence I can't use the AP. Why could that be?

I created a new test account, once inside a policy and a location and purchased a new AP121 which I added in HiveManager. I don't see the SSID I created hence I can't use the AP. Why could that be?

akira
New Contributor II
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

akira
New Contributor II

Thank you very much, I received the firmwares I needed and device is finally working!! In case someone else faces this problem I had to:

• manually update to 6.1r6
  • manually update to 6.2r1
  • manually update to 6.5r3
  • manually update to 6.5r12
  • delete the device from the Hive Manager and add it again, applying policy and location.

Only then the message "Device Update Failed" dissappeared and I started seeing the SSID.

Thank you all very much!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

akira
New Contributor II

Thank you very much, I received the firmwares I needed and device is finally working!! In case someone else faces this problem I had to:

• manually update to 6.1r6
  • manually update to 6.2r1
  • manually update to 6.5r3
  • manually update to 6.5r12
  • delete the device from the Hive Manager and add it again, applying policy and location.

Only then the message "Device Update Failed" dissappeared and I started seeing the SSID.

Thank you all very much!!

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

As Ashley said, the issue here is the older firmware version, you'll need to upgrade to 6.5r3 at minimum to use HiveManager. I've emailed you directly with the firmware files you'll need and guide that reviews how to upgrade the firmware via the APs Web UI.

You don't have to purchase support to use our devices. If you purchase support, you can open a technical support ticket for any questions or issues and you can access our download files without needing to request the links from me. Or, if you choose not to purchase support you can post those questions or issues on our Community for assistance and you've done here, and obtain firmware via the HiveManager GUI.

akira
New Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you Ashley and Brian for your responses. I'm not familiar with CAPWAP sessions or opening or closing ports, my fiber connection doesn't have a firewall so its a direct connection.

I don’t know who can help me here.

Cliking somewhere I’m told this:

${{

"errorCode" : "backend.config.error.device.connectivity.error",

"errorParams" : null

}}#

Not a clue on what that means. I tell the dealer I bought it from that it doesn’t work. They tell me to speak to Aerohive support.

I’m told in this thread to download something from Downloads and install it directly into the AP. But seems I need to purchase some support contract to just “get working” an AP?

How can I do this without having to purchase a support contract?

ashley_finch
Contributor III

I think the problem is the firmware the AP is on, it will need to be updated first to 6.5r5 at a minimum (but preferably 6.5r12) before you can push changes etc through HiveManager NG.

You'll have to browse to the IP address and upload the firmware from the download section at the top of this page.

GTM-P2G8KFN