cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I have a wireless network with Radius authentication, but I need to connect some printers to this SSID, so my question is: Is there any way of authenticating my printers just with its MAC addressess and the rest of the users with Radius?

I have a wireless network with Radius authentication, but I need to connect some printers to this SSID, so my question is: Is there any way of authenticating my printers just with its MAC addressess and the rest of the users with Radius?

alejandro_casti
New Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You can set up a MAC auth SSID, but it would have to be separate from the user SSID requiring credentials. This guide reviews how to set up a MAC auth SSID: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Radius-SSID-in-NG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Robert, that link is outdated, it goes to the old Aerohive community which has been taken down. This link should take you to the current day equivalent for that article: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000046457&q=Radius%20SSID%20in%20NG

RobertHudson
New Contributor

The guide is to complicated. This authentication type provides the highest level of security for your wireless network. By using the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) to interact with an EAP-compatible RADIUS server, the access point helps a wireless client device and the RADIUS server to perform mutual authentication and derive a dynamic unicast WEP key. The RADIUS server sends the WEP key to the access point, which uses the key for all unicast data signals that the server sends to or receives from the client. The access point also encrypts its broadcast WEP key (which is entered in the access point's WEP key slot 1) with the client's unicast key and sends it to the client.

why doesnā€™t my link save?

RobertHudson
New Contributor

The guide is to complicated. This authentication type provides the highest level of security for your wireless network. By using the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) to interact with an EAP-compatible RADIUS server, the access point helps a wireless client device and the RADIUS server to perform mutual authentication and derive a dynamic unicast WEP key. The RADIUS server sends the WEP key to the access point, which uses the key for all unicast data signals that the server sends to or receives from the client. The access point also encrypts its broadcast WEP key (which is entered in the access point's WEP key slot 1) with the client's unicast key and sends it to the client.

RobertHudson
New Contributor

I`m sorry but i tried how you guided and it`s not working.

GTM-P2G8KFN