cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to setup a Guest wireless access using CWP and after authentication the clients will be using the secondary ISP setup instead of the primary ISP.

I want to setup a Guest wireless access using CWP and after authentication the clients will be using the secondary ISP setup instead of the primary ISP.

johnespejo
New Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for that information. To create the Guest SSID and CWP:

Go to Configuration

Open the Network Policy

Create a new SSID by clicking Choose> New

Name the SSID

Set the SSID Access Security to Open

Check the box next to "Enable Captive Web Portal"

Save the SSID

Click on <Captive Web Portal> next to the new SSID> New

Name the CWP

Change the Registration Type to Use Policy Acceptance

Expand Captive Web Portal Login Page Settings> Customize Login Page

Enter the text you would like the user to agree to> Save

Adjust the CWP to how you would like it set up (language, success page, failure page, etc)> Save

User User Profiles click on Add/Remove> New

Name the user profile

Set the VLAN to the VLAN you want for this SSID

Set the rest of the user profile how you'd like it (guest internet access only firewall, QoS Settings, etc)> Save

Save the Network Policy

Push this out to the APs as a complete configuration update, but only after you've set up the switch port that the APs are connecting to as a trunk port.

I wouldn't say getting an Aerohive (or Extreme) switch would make this easier in general, it would just be easier for me to advise you on how to set this up. Any switch you have will be able to use a trunk port, which is just a port that handles more than one VLAN.

johnespejo
New Contributor
  • CWP : "just accept a user policy Agreement"
  • Hive Manager (Classic on Premise )
  • I guess getting a AeroHive Switch would make it easier??

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It depends a bit on what hardware you have.

With Aerohive APs we can host the CWP on the Guest SSID (If you can tell me more about what kind of CWP you want, for instance will they authenticate with a user name, or just accept a user policy agreement, etc, then I can give you more instructions on how to build that), then assign that Guest SSID a VLAN in the user profile attached to the SSID, which will forward the traffic back to the switch.

If you have an Aerohive switch, you can set the port up as a trunk port to accept the new VLAN and pass it back to the router.

If you have an Aerohive router, we can configure the subnetwork there for you and you would hook that up to the ISP.

Also, could you let me know which HiveManager platform you are using? That will affect the instructions for how to build all of this. I see the post is tagged as HiveManager Classic, but I just want to be sure. This guide will walk you through how to determine which HiveManager you are using, for reference: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Which-HiveManager-Platform-am-I-using

johnespejo
New Contributor

Sorry I am New to the Aerohive , I am looking to how to setup a Guest Account with a CWP , now for it to go out to a desired ISP , i know to VLAN, its just i see the capabilities in the Aerohive??? or at the Switches outside of the aerohive, or am i getting the definitions on the Aerohive capabilities mixed up??

GTM-P2G8KFN