cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to collect diagnostic information like channel utilization via SNMP frome the Hivemanager? Are there any custom MIBs available?

Is it possible to collect diagnostic information like channel utilization via SNMP frome the Hivemanager? Are there any custom MIBs available?

andreas_brueck
New Contributor

Hello everybody,

we are using the on-premises Hivemanager NG (build version 12.8.1.2-NGVAMAY18 ) and a lot of AP230 and AP1130 (HiveOS 8.3r4 Mayberry build-195604 ). For monitoring we are using PRTG.

I really like the information from the tab "Dashboard --> Diagnostics" at the Hivemanager. There are really useful, especially the channel utilization chart.

Is it possible to collect this diagnostic information via SNMP frome the Hivemanager? Are there any custom MIBs available, which we can use in PRTG?

I hope anyone could help me. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Andreas

4 REPLIES 4

andreas_brueck
New Contributor

No problem, thanks for your help Sam.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

My apologies, I misunderstood what you were looking for. We can not pull that kind of data with our MIB files. You could ostensibly put that together from the information we do pull, but that would be a manual process.

andreas_brueck
New Contributor

Hello Sam,

thank you very much for this information.

I if i understand it correctly, based on the MIB files, it is only possible to pull information from the access points? I didn't find any MIB-entries to pull aggregated information from HiveManager like "Top Access Points by Retries" or " Top Access Points by Channel Utilization". Is this correct?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We can pull this information via SNMP, and you can find our MIB files here: http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/reference/docs/auxiliary-files.htm

GTM-P2G8KFN