cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any documentation showing the default password policy for switches? x chars, special chars, etc?

Is there any documentation showing the default password policy for switches? x chars, special chars, etc?

daniel_weber
New Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for clarifying. Those passwords come from the password you set in Global Settings> Device Management Settings, and this page covers the requirements for that (The device password can be an alphanumeric string from 8 to 32 characters long, must include at least one number and one uppercase character, and cannot be the same as the user name or a previously used password.): http://docs.aerohive.com/330000/docs/help/english/ng/Content/gui/administration/managing-default-device-settings.htm

daniel_weber
New Contributor

Sam,

I'm mainly looking for what the default policy is for the passwords. We have an audit asking and I'm not finding documentation on what Aerohive's defaults are. Usually I'd assume 8 characters, 1 upper, 1 lower, 1 special character or something like that. I'd just need some documentation to point the auditor to.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

What model switches are you working with?

The 2000 and 2100 series switches should use either "Aerohive1" or "aerohive" without the quotations.

The 2100 and 2200 series switches should have a blank password as the default.

GTM-P2G8KFN