cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major bug in Network plan 360

Major bug in Network plan 360

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I have a floor plan that is one building, but half of it is called M and the other half N.  Thankfully, the left side is N and the right side is M.  I uploaded the entire floor plan, and then just selected the area I wanted to keep.  N and M are two floors, and I did the above for both floors of M and N, keeping them separate from each other, they are their own floor plan.

I then sized it and painstakingly drew all the various walls, doors and windows.  Then i assigned the AP’s to their locations.

I was finished with that, and then went to manage devices, and updated all the AP’s I had assigned to each room/floors of N and M.

I go back into the floor plan, and the whole image of the floor plan is stretched vertically and squashed horizontally, and of course now NONE of the drawn on parts line up anymore!  

Can this be fixed, because its now doing that for ALL four of those floors now! and I DO NOT want to start from scratch, those floors and plans are BIG!

Im pissed to put it mildly, and will be more so if i have to start from scratch, which im hesitant to do, because it may screw it up again.  This is a major bug, and id like it explained why it did that.

The only thing i can think of, is to edit the floor plan, separating M from N, an then uploading it.  But then what is the point of the select tool (which show's up after you have uploaded the file!)?

J.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Thanks Sam.  Very, very frustrating, as you know how long it can take to draw all the pieces of the plan, and then assign AP’s to it.

I ended up editing the plan, so that instead of using the entire plan, and then only selecting the area i wanted to use, i separated them into individual plans.  Thankfully to edit them wasn't difficult, as it was like a square with one side of the building being M and the other N (same for the 2nd floor).  So i just cut them in half, saving them individually.

Here is when it gets strange.  I uploaded the new plan, selected the area (to be as close to the outer-walls, as there was still a gap), did the sizing, and the drawn on parts almost lined up (yup, the drawn on parts were still there).  Because it wasnt lined up,   So i uploaded it again, and this time instead of selecting the area, i clicked on Save All and once it was uploaded, and i set its sizing, it ALL lined up (well, pretty darn close).  

So at least i didnt have to redraw everything.  Although i dont know if ive seen a “clear all” button or setting.  Either way, i got very lucky.

The other strange thing i just realized, which will make it hard to bug find, is that it didnt stretch and shrink all four of those plans, one of them is still fine, and correct!

Thanks Sam for getting back to me, and I understand it isnt something that would have been reversible, and the steps i did was the only corrective action (until whatever caused this gets resolved).

Which reminds me, and a different subject, do i go to my Extreme Tech guy to submit a feature request, or should i post in one of these forums?

best,

J.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That is all very strange, thanks for the detailed explanation. I’m so glad you were able to find a work around and didn’t have to start from scratch! If you do end up opening a case for this, it’ll be good to have that one plan that didn’t get corrupted, something for them to compare the previously corrupted plans to which should help narrow things down a bit. 

For feature requests your best bet is to submit them with your sales engineer (I can email you their contact information if you don’t have it on hand). You’re welcome to suggest them here too, maybe just to get feedback from other members; but ultimately your SE needs to submit the request formally, which is something I’m not able to do for you, unfortunately. 

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

PS: our campus is about 25 buildings over 75 acres, and as you can imagine its taking a long time to get all the buildings, and internals done.  But so far ive done about 13 buildings (85% or so have a 2nd floor so almost double that), and this is the first time ive had that issue.  

Thought it may be relevant, maybe an upgrade to the code side of the planning area?

J

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Thanks Sam.  Very, very frustrating, as you know how long it can take to draw all the pieces of the plan, and then assign AP’s to it.

I ended up editing the plan, so that instead of using the entire plan, and then only selecting the area i wanted to use, i separated them into individual plans.  Thankfully to edit them wasn't difficult, as it was like a square with one side of the building being M and the other N (same for the 2nd floor).  So i just cut them in half, saving them individually.

Here is when it gets strange.  I uploaded the new plan, selected the area (to be as close to the outer-walls, as there was still a gap), did the sizing, and the drawn on parts almost lined up (yup, the drawn on parts were still there).  Because it wasnt lined up,   So i uploaded it again, and this time instead of selecting the area, i clicked on Save All and once it was uploaded, and i set its sizing, it ALL lined up (well, pretty darn close).  

So at least i didnt have to redraw everything.  Although i dont know if ive seen a “clear all” button or setting.  Either way, i got very lucky.

The other strange thing i just realized, which will make it hard to bug find, is that it didnt stretch and shrink all four of those plans, one of them is still fine, and correct!

Thanks Sam for getting back to me, and I understand it isnt something that would have been reversible, and the steps i did was the only corrective action (until whatever caused this gets resolved).

Which reminds me, and a different subject, do i go to my Extreme Tech guy to submit a feature request, or should i post in one of these forums?

best,

J.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That sounds incredibly frustrating, those maps can take a lot of time up front to set up and outline correctly. A root cause analysis for that would need to happen via a technical support case. Just to set expectations, I doubt they can reverse the issue (but I’m not positive so I would still recommend asking), but they should be able to tell you what happened and either file a bug report or at least tell you how to avoid that in the future. 

GTM-P2G8KFN