cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from HiveManager Classic to NG. Is there a migration tool or will I have to do it by hand? Can you have both systems running at the same time if you remove APs from Classic as you import them into NG?

Migrate from HiveManager Classic to NG. Is there a migration tool or will I have to do it by hand? Can you have both systems running at the same time if you remove APs from Classic as you import them into NG?

rczok
New Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

w1f1n00b
Contributor II

"it's best to avoid having APs that belong to different Hives broadcasting the same SSID into the same air space. "

Can you explain why this is?

dsouri
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you posting!

Is there a migration tool or will I have to do it by hand? 

There isn't a tool, but we have made a nice guide here: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/HiveManager-Classic-to-HiveManager-Migration-Guide

Can you have both systems running at the same time if you remove APs from Classic as you import them into NG?

Short answer is Yes.

The guide will walk you through the steps, but effectively, it's best to avoid having APs that belong to different Hives broadcasting the same SSID into the same air space.

Hope this helps, 

David Souri

HiveCommunity Moderator

GTM-P2G8KFN