cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Hivemanager Classic to latest Hivemanager guide

Migration from Hivemanager Classic to latest Hivemanager guide

p_j_collins
New Contributor

I'm new to Aerohive. Can someone point in the direction for the migration guide for Hivemanager Classic to the latest Hivemanager (is this now called Extreme connect?). I'm hoping we can share the entitlement key in both while we replicate our configuration, add a single AP, test and then move the rest of the AP's. Am I correct in thinking we can still manage the ap's in the old HM until we export and import into the new HM ?

I'd be grateful of any other tips anyone has who has done this. Do we need to involve Aerohive/3rd part support to this during the process ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You will be able to move your key over to ECIQ and continue using HiveManager Classic with the same keys. If you were trying to use two instances of ECIQ with the same key that would cause issues, but Classic and ECIQ can share a key between the two platforms to facilitate a gradual move over to ECIQ.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

p_j_collins
New Contributor

Many thanks Sam, just what I wanted to hear  As you say, this will allow us to migrate gradually, testing as we go, as we familiarise ourselves with the new platform, without licensing pressures - Thanks

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

You will be able to move your key over to ECIQ and continue using HiveManager Classic with the same keys. If you were trying to use two instances of ECIQ with the same key that would cause issues, but Classic and ECIQ can share a key between the two platforms to facilitate a gradual move over to ECIQ.

p_j_collins
New Contributor

Hi Sam, just one last thing, can we have our current Hivemanager Classic entitlement key loaded onto the new ECIQ Select management at the same time as it still being in use on our HiveManager Classic ? We would want to test with one access point on the new ECIQ platform, and then gradually migrate (export and imprt) the rest of the access points. Or is it that once we migrate the entitlement key onto ECIQ, that key cannot coexist on the old platform and we can no longer manage the old HM Classic if we still have access points yet to be exported ? Thanks again

p_j_collins
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Thanks again on the URLF advice, I'll reach out to our Aerohive support company to see if it's on the roadmap

Thanks

Paul

GTM-P2G8KFN