cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can someone advice or share documentation with me on how to T-shoot/Test the AH-SR-2024P Switch? Thanks

Please can someone advice or share documentation with me on how to T-shoot/Test the AH-SR-2024P Switch? Thanks

muhamed_jalloh
New Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

muhamed_jalloh
New Contributor
Good Morning Sam,
Thanks. That was very helpful. We will follow your guide, if we run into any problems I will surely get back with you.

Thank you
Muhamed Jalloh
Network Engineer
Comcast Business Enterprise Solutions
(513) 213-3750 (M)
[Comcast Business Logo - Sized for Email Signature (1)]

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

We don't have any guides that aren't focused on a specific problem. I would recommend setting the switch up with the configuration guide I provided and then seeing if you have any issues with connecting to the switch or with devices that depend on the switch. If you come across a specific issue (switch won't connect to the HiveManager, client's can't pass traffic, devices not pulling power correctly from PoE ports, etc) then we can provide instructions or a guide on how to fix it.

muhamed_jalloh
New Contributor

Thank you Sam.

We get customer devices returned to us for testing when they fail on site. One of our customers is CFA, very few people at comcast has access to their instance so we use the Demo version of the Hivemanger to test these devices. As of yet we don't know what is wrong with the switch, one of the testers just came up to me that they have just received an AH-SR-2024P for testing but there is no guide for it. I have search in most places including the Aerohive website on how to test these switches in general, I could not find any document.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

This guide reviews some basic configuration for those switches: https://thehivecommunity.aerohive.com/s/article/Switch-Configuration-for-SR20XX-and-SR21XX

What problem are you trying to troubleshoot? And which HiveManager platform are you using; HiveManager Classic or HiveManager (formerly NG)?

GTM-P2G8KFN