cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Supply for AP1130

Power Supply for AP1130

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I have looked everywhere for an PSU for an AP1130, and even bought one that was sold as it was for an 1130, but when i got it, the end on the PSU was completely different.

Its installed in a place where im having to use a media converter, and that cant inject PoE.  Hence needing an external PSU.

for instance, this is what was advertized: https://www.walmart.com/ip/PKPOWER-6-6FT-Cable-AC-DC-Adapter-For-Aerohive-Networks-AP1130-AH-AP-1130...

and yet, when i got it, it has a single point on the insert end, whereas, when i looked at the AP, it appears like it will need some kind of 3 pronged PSU.

Anyone can help me find the correct PSU for this, so i can purchase it?

please and thank you,

J.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Alright, well no one will touch this post.  As i said, i found an old PSU from an old outdoor Ruckus AP, and in testing it did inject PoE.  

Still though, no PSU available anywhere, even on extreme or the old aerohive website, nothing for sale.  Not good, and if anyone says talk to your sales rep, thats not good either, nor should you have to, for something as piddly as a PSU.  Why not be up front about how hard it is (read as impossible) to get a PSU for an AP1130!?!  there are plenty of times, ESPECIALLY for an outdoor AP, where its not going to plug into a PoE powering port, but with a media convertor.  I did see one weird box that said it was a PoE injector (i think from aerohive), but it cost $499.00  yeah almost FIVE HUNDRED bucks! seriously.  dont believe me….. : https://www.corporatearmor.com/product/aerohive-hiveap-30w-outdoor-poe-injector-for-ap170-or-ap1130-... 

yeah, for real!  

J

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Alright, well no one will touch this post.  As i said, i found an old PSU from an old outdoor Ruckus AP, and in testing it did inject PoE.  

Still though, no PSU available anywhere, even on extreme or the old aerohive website, nothing for sale.  Not good, and if anyone says talk to your sales rep, thats not good either, nor should you have to, for something as piddly as a PSU.  Why not be up front about how hard it is (read as impossible) to get a PSU for an AP1130!?!  there are plenty of times, ESPECIALLY for an outdoor AP, where its not going to plug into a PoE powering port, but with a media convertor.  I did see one weird box that said it was a PoE injector (i think from aerohive), but it cost $499.00  yeah almost FIVE HUNDRED bucks! seriously.  dont believe me….. : https://www.corporatearmor.com/product/aerohive-hiveap-30w-outdoor-poe-injector-for-ap170-or-ap1130-... 

yeah, for real!  

J

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

I did some digging and I found an old Ruckus outdoor PoE injector and it seems to work; well the AP powered up.  Guess i can try it and see what happens.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Here is what the input looks like on the AP1130 end:

ab3c13c3ee534f16a365fc1d4d9a4c14_2026f5cc-a923-43ad-bcdb-01bab61e852b.jpg

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

So, ive been searching tons of web sites for the three pronged power supply for the AP1130 access points, and every one of them either does not show the end that plugs into the AP, or shows it, and its just a single female end.  The end on the AP1130’s is 3 pronged and i cant find one of those PSU’s anywhere.

The only thing that is showing up, are 5-10 port passive PoE switches and I really don't want to go that way if i dont have to.

Did i post this in the wrong forum area?  as i cant believe no one knows the answer, or provide a link to the PSU i need!

J

GTM-P2G8KFN