Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SSID assignation

Problems with SSID assignation

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hello

I have several access points spreads in different locations. They have their location assigned (location->building->floor).

For example

Gonesse -> Libreary-> Floor1: AP01 AP02

Gonesse -> Music School -> Floor 1 : AP15

Gonesse -> Music School -> Floor 2: AP16

etc

Now in my Policy, I have created several SSIDs, checked "Assign SSIDs using Classification Rules" and created rules based on location. For example

SSID "Music School" assigned with a rule "location contains "Music School"

etc

Deploying, uptadingn rebooting, finger crossing.. and.. it just does not work, every SSID is deployed in every access point. Where am i missing something ?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Show SSID will show you which SSIDs are actively broadcasting. The conflicting information in the GUI is certainly a problem, I will absolutely pass on your feedback. Please let me know if the on site testing shows the correct SSIDs, or if I can help with anything else.

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Yes i got the same results, "show ssid" CLI command gives the good SSID list. So in fact all this was just a display bug ?

Can you tell the developers that there might be some improvement to do here:

• in device screen, monitor ->system information, i see 1 SSID , say SSID A
  • in CLI "show ssid", i see 2 other SSIDs, B and C..
  • in device screen, configure -> interface settings -> wireless, I see all 7 SSIDs ON, A to F.. As this is an override function, maybe it should appear more clearly if override is active or not, like 3 states (From Policy:[ON/OFF] / Forced ON / Forced OFF) ?

So we have 3 different screens with 3 different information. This is lacking consistency...Not easy to understand which screen is the "the good one" .

If you tell me the good one is "show ssid" CLI, then I believe you; now i'll ask the customer to check with his smartphone 😉

Anyway thank you for your support.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for allowing me to run that test. I went in to the device specific settings of AP MGO.AP01 and enabled all SSIDs at the device level. I pushed a complete configuration out to that AP, and then ran the command "show SSID" on the CLI of the AP. The results showed only the SSIDs Wifi_public_mediatheque and Mediatheque. Could you try this on your end to see if you get the same results?

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
No problem, you can proceed with that troubleshooting.
You can test with MGO.AP01, which should only broadcast two SSIDs:
* Wifi_public_mediatheque
* Mediatheque
I have pushed the configuration (selecting MGO_AP01, "Update device" ->
"Complete Configuration Update"), it has rebooted and now it looks to
broadcast "Ecole_de_musique" and "Musee_numerique", which should be
assigned to other places.. Well well well

I have no extra room in licences for a new device if you want to plug
your test AP, you would have to add a temporary key.

Le 07/11/2019 à 14:43, Aerohive Customer Community a écrit :
GTM-P2G8KFN