reserved ip

reserved ip

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II
reserved ip
11 REPLIES 11

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thank you for getting back to me, I have submitted this feature request on your behalf. Please let me know if you can think of anything else you'd like to see up implement.

technical
New Contributor

Yes, please submit this as an oft-requested, high-value feature.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately HiveManager doesn't have a feature for pre-assigning IP addresses to specific MAC addresses other than device specific configurations. I can submit a feature request for you if you'd like to see if we can get this added to a future update?

technical
New Contributor

Sam, in this case I'm not wanting to assign IP addresses to APs (I already know now to do that).

Here's my exact use case:

1. a tenant schedules to lease the use of a room on a given evening in the future
  2. that tenant is going to have some devices they'll join to the network (some wired and some wireless) when they arrive
  3. they need those devices to be assigned specific IP addresses that can be known ahead of time so they can configure software to use those addresses before they arrive
  4. the tenant can send me the MAC address of the devices that need to have static IP addresses assigned

So I need to be able to pre-assign specific IP addresses to correspond to specific MAC addresses within the HiveManager interface. I've always referred to this sort of capability as IP address reservation, but perhaps that's not the right term.

How can I do this in HiveManager?

GTM-P2G8KFN