Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Registration portal and Use Policy

Self Registration portal and Use Policy

AnonymousM
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

I have an issue when i publish a self-registration on NG.

When i customize the portal, i can view and select the required fields, manage my personnalized logo and change color if i want, and i view on the portal preview the Use Policy, but i can’t access the Use Policy page, can’t personalize it, and when i publish the portal on my AP, the Use Policy is replaced by a message « Registering can take a while » but the Use Policy don't display. I Would like to display the possiblity to see the user acceptance, and know how i can personalize it.

I've tried to publish both User Acceptance and Self Registration but it display a portal who purpose to choose which kind of login do you wan, but not one and other following.

Thanks for helping

7 REPLIES 7

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Adrien,

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to combine the self registration with the UPA like that when using the default Aerohive CWPs, but you can always direct users to an external page if you have one built that you can tie in to. You can customize the CWP pages to a certain extent, but not in the way's you're looking for. You could import an HTML if you have one.

a_rivas
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the answer, i have enable the UPA and i have now the UPA and then the Self Reg Portal.

The customer asked me if it's possible to have a checkbox on the Self Reg portal and a link to the User Policy, and not the UPA prompted for acceptance and then an other page for self-registering on the Open Network ?

Is it also possible to customize the integrated self reg portal (e.g. get the description of the label at the top of the field and not inside) ?

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for that information. I'm looking at your configuration and I'm in the SSID for guests to register with, the Open SSID. I see your CWP isn't set to UPA, did you disable this because it wasn't working? We'll want to check the box next to "Enable UPA". I was also able to test this in my lab and we got it working so I think we just need to adjust a couple things in the configuration and we'll be good to go.

a_rivas
New Contributor

I've sent you the information by MP

GTM-P2G8KFN