the certificate window did not come up while typing in the correct credentials

scott_chen1
New Contributor
the certificate window did not come up while typing in the correct credentials
4 REPLIES 4

jianghai_zhu
New Contributor

What I had done after I read the reply from Keith Redfield:

all these security update concerning SHA security consolidation were patched ; but the problem was still ongoing until I made a little change following the advice by Microsoft. Please check workaround as below.

699b91eaa11848da932ba586f55dd81f_0690c000008OW6jAAG.jpg

Workaround advised by MS:

1. Set up manually a profile by using "create a ssid connection in the network & file sharing tab "

2. in the profile name, you can just type in any name you like even the same ssid name as the one you are going to connect with

3. in the crypto type and method, choose wpa2 & Enterprise AES 

4. unmark the option "validating the server certificate while connecting is expired " ; this is the essential step

weekdaysailor
Contributor

This does sound like a cipher mis-match issue. Is the win7 device completely updated with latest patches?

scott_chen1
New Contributor

Hardware Model ap130  HiveOS Version HiveOS 6.5r7 build-160188

scott_chen1
New Contributor

AP130 is being used working with Aerohive NG the recent edition. External radius server installed on windows 2016 is functional as the central authentication; 

the issue is that the connection to the broadcast ssid is succeeded with OS win 10 & cellphone whatever it is android or IOS but always failed to establish the connection with win 7. The certificate requesting trusting or not just did not come out after I typed in the correct credentials.

Is this something to do with the SHA version and encrypted methodology from the root CA ? the current SHA in use from the CA side is sha256 V3

GTM-P2G8KFN