cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the built in firewall in accespoint AP370 and AP250

Using the built in firewall in accespoint AP370 and AP250

jan_boje
New Contributor

We want to block facebook video, this works fine if you try it from a phone. Video is block.

If we try form a computer (https) facebook is not block.

Is it possibel to block Https trafic with the built in firewall in Aerohive accesspoint.

best regard

Jan boje

8 REPLIES 8

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

It's likely that the service for facebook video was built for the mobile application and the web application likely runs on a different protocol. You could try to build your own service in the HiveManager to capture this, or use a content filter.

jan_boje
New Contributor

I have uploaded a screen dump from "All Applications by Usage" as you can see student is using Facebook ​a lot. Can anyone explain how this is collected. Is it only from mobile phone or is from mobile phone and computers ?

jan_boje
New Contributor

​okay - I will tried it for mobile phone.

I think it would be a good idea if you make some examples what can you use the firewall to and where it is useless. You got a lot of website that you can block but it is not working for computer. I can not find any documentation ……….

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The rule you have to block facebook video, that works for your mobile clients, that is the only way we have of blocking this site. Since that is not working, we can conclude we need a content filter to accomplish this.

GTM-P2G8KFN