cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With HiveManager Connect, after EOL date of AeroHive AP's, can I still: use, change settings, and apply profiles?

With HiveManager Connect, after EOL date of AeroHive AP's, can I still: use, change settings, and apply profiles?

michael_wanstre
New Contributor

I am using AeroHive HiveManager Connect.

I have 80+ Aerohive AP121 Access Points.

After the AP121 "End of Life" date (8/1/2022) can I continue to use my AP121 in HiveManager Connect?

• Will the AP's still work?
  • Can I apply changes to the AP's?
  • Can I apply profiles to the AP's?
  • Can I remove/register the AP's?

Aside from HiveOS updates for the AP's, are there any other functionalities that no longer work for AP's past their EOL date?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The AP121 will continue to work as normal after the EOL date. The EOL date will mean that they will not receive any new firmware versions, they will not be eligible for RMA if the device goes bad, and they will not be sold by Aerohive or Extreme. All current functions will remain intact and you can still apply configuration updates to the devices, as well as remove them from, and add them to HiveManagers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

michael_wanstre
New Contributor

Thank you for all of the clarifications.

samantha_lynn
Esteemed Contributor III

The AP121 will continue to work as normal after the EOL date. The EOL date will mean that they will not receive any new firmware versions, they will not be eligible for RMA if the device goes bad, and they will not be sold by Aerohive or Extreme. All current functions will remain intact and you can still apply configuration updates to the devices, as well as remove them from, and add them to HiveManagers.

GTM-P2G8KFN