Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brocade CER 2024C NP CSRAM error

Brocade CER 2024C NP CSRAM error

Daan
New Contributor
Hello,

Who can tell me what the following error exactly means? I receive this since a couple of days every 10 minutes.

I know I can set the threshold higher then the default (10), but that looks my not the solution.

NP CSRAM has 12 error events, exceeding configured threshold for interfaces 2/1 to 2/2.

I have a Brocade 2024C router with a 2x10G module.

Regards,
Daan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Deep_Bakul_Bhoj
Extreme Employee
Hello,
This is a recorded defect. The below description is from 5.6.0g release notes.
DEFECT000556430:
Symptom:
Frequent syslog messages similar to: -
NP CSRAM has 20 error events, exceeding configured threshold for interfaces 2/3 to 2/4.

Condition:
Over long-term operation of the CES/CER platform, some unused entries of a table in the CSRAM may repeatedly be interpreted as causing an error. The conditions which cause this message do not have an effect on system performance or the handling of packets.

Workaround: Configure system np control-ram-threshold 30.

Fix: Please upgrade to NI 05.6.00g, NI 05.7.00e, NI 05.8.00c and NI 05.9.00.for fix.

Regards,
Deep B

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Daan
New Contributor
Hello,

Thanks for the information about this message.
We have a replacement device and module so in case of a failure we can replace them.

At the moment we are still running on 5.4 so we also take a look for the upgrade.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Daan

Deep_Bakul_Bhoj
Extreme Employee
Hello,
This is a recorded defect. The below description is from 5.6.0g release notes.
DEFECT000556430:
Symptom:
Frequent syslog messages similar to: -
NP CSRAM has 20 error events, exceeding configured threshold for interfaces 2/3 to 2/4.

Condition:
Over long-term operation of the CES/CER platform, some unused entries of a table in the CSRAM may repeatedly be interpreted as causing an error. The conditions which cause this message do not have an effect on system performance or the handling of packets.

Workaround: Configure system np control-ram-threshold 30.

Fix: Please upgrade to NI 05.6.00g, NI 05.7.00e, NI 05.8.00c and NI 05.9.00.for fix.

Regards,
Deep B

joergkost
Contributor II
This looks like a beginning defect. Do you have support on this device? Then you better contact them for a replacement.
GTM-P2G8KFN