cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device PLAN-08959D just showed up under Devices

Device PLAN-08959D just showed up under Devices

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

For some strange reason, a device called PLAN-08959D just showed up under my Devices.  I have no idea what that is, its not even got an IP I would have in my ranges, not event he firmware version im running.  very odd.

It might have been that I changed the view from All, to Plan, Real & Simulated,  but still, i have no idea what it is, and why its showing up.  Below is a screenshot of it, so you know what I mean.

0ae9aa80495a40adb2a4e5c39e5be508_e4544e1e-3d79-4e76-b7f2-ccdbb82b08fa.png

Is it okay to just delete that strange device? and any idea why its there (even if it did show up due to my view filter change)?  Thanks, Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KK-APAC
Extreme Employee

Hostname is similar with Plan Devices.

under MANAGE->DEVICES, use filter and check if it’s real device or not. What if you tick only Real Devices and what if you tick Plan Devices and Simulated Devices?

ba79eeb3a7be49e08899fb2233048091_f64a771f-d135-48fe-9113-397de7a219be.png

Plan Devices and Simulated Devices are not physically existing real devices. It’s generated on XIQ for simulation or coverage plan. You can delete it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Plan devices should come from using the Network 360 Plan page. If you go to ML insights> Network 360 Plan> Plan devices tab> enter in the number of devices to add under Add Devices then click ADD, you should see a new AP pop up on the map with a hostname that starts with PLAN-. If you are positive you did not use this map function, you might want to open a technical support case so we can investigate further. 

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

If I only select Real, the PLAN one doesn't show.  If i uncheck Real, and check Simulated and Plan, it shows up.  Ill go ahead and delete it, but im pretty concerned that it showed up at all!  The view filter has pretty much always been set to All, and i would have seen that PLAN one a long time ago.  So I know for sure , I'm 100% sure, that this PLAN device only recently shown up in the interface.  Is this some kind of “bleed” from someone else’s IQ Install, somewhere in the cloud?

Thanks KK-APAC for answering my original question, good to know I can delete it.  I just hope more don't show up, or worse, stuff gets messed up.

KK-APAC
Extreme Employee

Hostname is similar with Plan Devices.

under MANAGE->DEVICES, use filter and check if it’s real device or not. What if you tick only Real Devices and what if you tick Plan Devices and Simulated Devices?

ba79eeb3a7be49e08899fb2233048091_f64a771f-d135-48fe-9113-397de7a219be.png

Plan Devices and Simulated Devices are not physically existing real devices. It’s generated on XIQ for simulation or coverage plan. You can delete it.

GTM-P2G8KFN