cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHCP Server: If leases show as expired, are the related IP addresses available for re-use?

DHCP Server: If leases show as expired, are the related IP addresses available for re-use?

stevekellogg
New Contributor III

Good morning to all,

I’ve configured a DCHP server on an AP230, and I notice that expired leases show up when I issue the “show int mgt0.1 dhcp-server detail” command. 

My question is whether the IP addresses associated with expired leases are available for use, or are somehow still tied to the expired leases. 

As is, it looks like my entire IP pool is used up, though many of the entries show as “expired.”

If anyone can let me know if “expired” means the IP address is available for re-use or not, and if not, how I can free the addresses without having manually to issue the “clear int mgt0.1 dhcp-server lease all” command, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve, thank you for your patience while I looked in to this for you, I’m sorry for the long wait. Those IPs should be immediately available after the lease time expires so I think there is an issue here that would require a support case to solve. If you could let me know the case number you are given when you open a case, I can update the case with my notes so the technician knows what we’ve already discussed. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi Steve, thank you for your patience while I looked in to this for you, I’m sorry for the long wait. Those IPs should be immediately available after the lease time expires so I think there is an issue here that would require a support case to solve. If you could let me know the case number you are given when you open a case, I can update the case with my notes so the technician knows what we’ve already discussed. 

stevekellogg
New Contributor III

Thanks!  I’ve sent a screenshot and txt file.

Steve

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi Steve, I don’t think that is expected but seeing the output you get with show int mgt0.1 dhcp-server detail might clear things up. Would you mind sending a screen shot of that output directly to me at community@extremenetworks.com? 

GTM-P2G8KFN