Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VE6120 availability/AP functioning

VE6120 availability/AP functioning

Sacha_Brys
Contributor

Hi,

We installed 2x VE6120 machines, paired them for failover.

Am I right when I say that when the ap’s loses both VE6120 machines connections they stop working/functioning?

thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SantM
New Contributor III

Hi @Sacha Brys 

For me, it’s partly right and partly wrong. Radius authentication will not work while PSK authentication will still work until AP reboots. There is a way to get at least PSK authentication continue work and radius authentication work until clients get disconnected from the network. The APs will not reboot at all. You have to enable “session persistence” under device group - advance tab. If you lose connection to controllers, no new radius authentication will work, but your PSK SSIDs will continue working without any issue.

BR,

Santosh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sacha_Brys
Contributor

Thanks Santosh

SantM
New Contributor III

Hi @Sacha Brys 

For me, it’s partly right and partly wrong. Radius authentication will not work while PSK authentication will still work until AP reboots. There is a way to get at least PSK authentication continue work and radius authentication work until clients get disconnected from the network. The APs will not reboot at all. You have to enable “session persistence” under device group - advance tab. If you lose connection to controllers, no new radius authentication will work, but your PSK SSIDs will continue working without any issue.

BR,

Santosh

GTM-P2G8KFN