Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up an A3 using LDAPS

How to set up an A3 using LDAPS

Yuki_Nakamura
New Contributor II
Hi All,

I have a question about the installation instructions for the client certificate.

I installed the secure LDAP for an Azure Active Directory Domain Services and A3 in my lab and tested the cooperation.
But I did not know the installation instructions for the client certificate to A3.

Also, I confirmed the following page and exported a certificate for client computers(A3).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-domain-services/tutorial-configure-ldaps

Could you tell me how to install the client certificate to A3?

Best Regards,
Yuki Nakamura.
2 REPLIES 2

ruthme
New Contributor

Setting up LDAPS (LDAP over SSL/TLS) for an Active Directory (AD) server involves a few steps. LDAPS allows for secure communication between the LDAP client and the server using SSL/TLS encryption. Here's a general overview of the process:

1. Obtain a valid SSL/TLS certificate:

• Purchase or obtain a valid SSL/TLS certificate from a trusted certificate authority (CA) for your AD server's domain.
    • Ensure that the certificate's Common Name (CN) matches the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of your AD server.
  2. Install the certificate:

• Import the SSL/TLS certificate into the server's certificate store.
    • Typically, this involves using the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) and adding the certificate to the "Personal" certificate store.
  3. Enable LDAPS on the AD server:

• Open the "Active Directory Certificate Services" MMC snap-in.
    • Request a new certificate for the AD server using the installed SSL/TLS certificate.
    • Bind the certificate to the LDAPS service by associating it with the server's LDAP service.
  4. Configure the AD server for LDAPS:

• Open the "Active Directory Users and Computers" MMC snap-in.
    • Right-click on the domain or specific organizational unit (OU) where you want to enable LDAPS.
    • Go to "Properties" and select the "Group Policy" tab.
    • Edit or create a new Group Policy Object (GPO) to configure the LDAPS settings.
    • Navigate to "Computer Configuration" -> "Policies" -> "Administrative Templates" -> "LDAP" -> "LDAP Server".
    • Enable the "Enable LDAP over SSL" policy and set the LDAP port to 636.
    • Apply the GPO to the relevant computers.
  5. Test LDAPS connectivity:

• Use an LDAPS-capable LDAP client (such as Apache Directory Studio or ldapsearch) to test the connection to the AD server on port 636.
    • Ensure that the client trusts the CA that issued the SSL/TLS certificate.
    • Verify that the LDAPS connection is established successfully.

It's important to note that the exact steps may vary depending on the version of Windows Server and the specific AD setup you have. It's recommended to refer to the official documentation for your specific Windows Server version or consult with your network administrator for detailed instructions tailored to your environment. Iceland Nexus login

Charleskietheri
New Contributor

To install a client certificate on an A3 device, you will need to follow these general steps:

1. Export the certificate from the certificate authority in a format that is supported by the A3 device. This format is usually .pfx or .p12.

2. Copy the certificate to the A3 device, either through a file transfer protocol (FTP) or by copying it to a USB drive and inserting it into the A3 device.

3. Open the certificate store on the A3 device. This can typically be done through the device's settings or configuration interface.

4. Import the certificate into the certificate store, using the appropriate import option.

5. Verify that the certificate is installed and recognized by the A3 device by checking the certificate store or using a command line interface.

6. Configure the A3 device to use the client certificate for authentication purposes. This will likely involve specifying the certificate in the device's settings or configuration, and may also involve specifying the certificate in an application or service that requires it.

Note that the exact steps may vary depending on the specific A3 device and the operating system it uses. It is best to consult the manufacturer's documentation or reach out to their support team for more detailed and specific instructions. MyAccountAccesss Online

GTM-P2G8KFN