Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Automatically add uplink ports to User Device Group

Automatically add uplink ports to User Device Group

Fijs
New Contributor III
Hi all,

We're onboarding a lot of sites in our XIQ-SE.
These sites contain VSPs and ERS switches.
For the ERS switches, we'd like to add the uplink ports (members of MLT 1) to a User Device Group, which we use in the alarm definition of "Link Down" so we only receive alarms when an uplink port goes down, and not for the user ports.

Is anyone aware of a method to do this automatically, eather via a script which can be run during the Site Add Actions (custom configuration), or via a workflow?
In addition, it would be nice to automatically collect statistics for these ports as well.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fijs
New Contributor III
We found a better way: disable notifications for these ports in the switch config:

no snmp-server notification-control linkDown <portlist>
no snmp-server notification-control linkUp <portlist>

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Fijs
New Contributor III
We found a better way: disable notifications for these ports in the switch config:

no snmp-server notification-control linkDown <portlist>
no snmp-server notification-control linkUp <portlist>

bar
Contributor
Hi Fijs,

we also use the "no snmp-server notification-control ..." method.  Once or twice we are caught out when additional units are added to a stack and these commands were not added.
(Just something to add to your procedures.)

We haven't found a way to automatically collect statistics for these ports yet.  I'd be interested if you find a solution.

regards,

Fijs
New Contributor III
Thanks @barā€‹ for the tip regarding new stack members.
No solution yet for the port statistics. I'll let you know if I find a solution.
GTM-P2G8KFN