cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Flexview not working after upgrading to EMC 8.2

Custom Flexview not working after upgrading to EMC 8.2

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
We have a custom flexview which when run shows a switches port time status i.e how long its been active/inactive.

Its quite a frequent tool we use as it allows us to unplug inactive connections when carrying out cabinet tidies.

I originally posted about this over a year ago and found out that this is a community flexview and it isnt something that ships within EMC itself which I find baffling as I can't see how you can live without this.

anyway, since upgrading to 8.2 EMC, its stopped working.

I found the github repository which states it works now for 8.2 here

https://github.com/extremenetworks/Netsight-Report-Views/tree/2eb5b67d79b470faf7f1ef73b188d78314336f...

"Port_Status_Time_with_alias.tpl"

however im now having real issue in getting EMC to even recognise the new file.

It keeps reinstating the old file and i know this because the original tpl file, we renamed.

I've tried stopping the database and server, deleting the old flexview, putting the new one in and starting the database and server but on restart (which by the way, EMC is a joke in that sense, over 20minutes to start services?) it puts the old file back in, in this case its called Port Status Time.tpl.

I've also tried just deleting the old tpl file once the server and database has stopped and then restarting but it puts the file back!!!!

E:\Extreme Networks\appdata\System\FlexViews

I'm now at a loss to how to get this to work, becoming increasingly frustrating.

been a long day....

any ideas would be most helpful.

Ian
4 REPLIES 4

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Perfect. enjoy!
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
managed to find an option to enable myflexviews in . Can now see it in the options and its now working.

thank you.

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
Hi Zdenek,

I did put it in the My Flexviews folder, but where does it appear then within XMC?

there is no MyFlexviews folder when selecting a flexview.

its definitely not the right file, your new one you made shows

the old one that keeps being restored is

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Hi.

I did not test it on Windows based XMC, I did tests with Linux. On linux there was no issue. So here are some shots in the dark:

• is there other directory with .tpl files?
  • have you tried to put it to My Flexviews directory?
  • you do not need to restart XMC if you just upload new tpl.
  • edit the TPL file with your favorit txt edtor (notepad++) and check the name of the flexview in the tpl file.
good luck and let me know.

Z.
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN