cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Enterasys Wireless Controller: enable to switch on radio 1 on aps

Enterasys Wireless Controller: enable to switch on radio 1 on aps

Fima18
New Contributor
I have to modify a preconfigured Enterasys Wireless Controller. Each aps have radio 1 disabled and I need to switch on it on N wireless channel.
I have tried in many ways:
1) Wireless APs ā†’Bulk Configuration ā†’ APs Default Settings ā†’ selected my AP type: here I switch on the radio 1 but I can't select Radio Mode
2) Wireless APs ā†’Bulk Configuration ā†’ APs multi edit settings ā†’ select desired APS: here I turn on Admin mode above Radio 1 , but I can't select radio mode and after a Save the Radio 1 is always off
3) Wireless APs ā†’ APs ā†’ All ā†’ select a single AP from list ā†’ Radio 1: here I turn on Admin mode but I can't choose Radio mode, and after a Save the admin mode come back to off
4) Wireless APs ā†’APs default settings ā†’ Common configuraton: I have turn on radio 1 and radio 2 next to my WLAN name, but I have no results.

Some ideas...
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee
Demo licence doesn't allow config of 5Ghz radio, it also limits channel choice on 2.4Ghz, you need to licence the product or you can put a temporary eval licence that will activate the features https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-Request-IdentiFi-Wireless-Eval-lice...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Fima18
New Contributor
Hi Gareth, I'll give it a try. At the moment i don't remember if the country is selected. Where is the right panel to set up it?

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee
Hi

For bulk config you must first set your country every time, did you do that?

The same applies for single AP, it must know the country to know the available channels.

You will also need a VNS defining and adding to the AP radio(s) and if the AP has an external antenna, this must be defined.

-Gareth

Fima18
New Contributor
Hello SH, in that section the radio 1 is uncheckable. I see the checkbox but I can't select it.

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Fima,

did you select at least one WLAN here (my example is empty because of I have no WLAN configured):

cab50a2439d44ea6a2319f55fcd929ea_RackMultipart20181120-99326-1h6f5hj-image_inline.png

without an WLAN the radios can't go online.

If you have APs with external antennas you have to select the correct antennas in the "AP Properties" tab, too.

Regards
Stephan

Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN