cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Enterasys Wireless Controller: enable to switch on radio 1 on aps

Enterasys Wireless Controller: enable to switch on radio 1 on aps

Fima18
New Contributor
I have to modify a preconfigured Enterasys Wireless Controller. Each aps have radio 1 disabled and I need to switch on it on N wireless channel.
I have tried in many ways:
1) Wireless APs ā†’Bulk Configuration ā†’ APs Default Settings ā†’ selected my AP type: here I switch on the radio 1 but I can't select Radio Mode
2) Wireless APs ā†’Bulk Configuration ā†’ APs multi edit settings ā†’ select desired APS: here I turn on Admin mode above Radio 1 , but I can't select radio mode and after a Save the Radio 1 is always off
3) Wireless APs ā†’ APs ā†’ All ā†’ select a single AP from list ā†’ Radio 1: here I turn on Admin mode but I can't choose Radio mode, and after a Save the admin mode come back to off
4) Wireless APs ā†’APs default settings ā†’ Common configuraton: I have turn on radio 1 and radio 2 next to my WLAN name, but I have no results.

Some ideas...
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee
Demo licence doesn't allow config of 5Ghz radio, it also limits channel choice on 2.4Ghz, you need to licence the product or you can put a temporary eval licence that will activate the features https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-Request-IdentiFi-Wireless-Eval-lice...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Fima18
New Contributor
Thanks Gareth Mitchell , the problem is know clear: after an upgrade the controller has lost the license (I don't know why), and after that I was unable to change the AP properties. Now I have restored the license and everything goes good.

Thank you for support!

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee
Demo licence doesn't allow config of 5Ghz radio, it also limits channel choice on 2.4Ghz, you need to licence the product or you can put a temporary eval licence that will activate the features https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-Request-IdentiFi-Wireless-Eval-lice...

Fima18
New Contributor
Thanks. In country list I can select only "Demo Country". I suspect that the controller has lost the link with licence but I'm not sure: in licence section I see "DEMO" but I have 50 Licensed APs. Can this be the reason?

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee
It is set per AP, but you can do the change with bulk settings

Per AP in the first config tab:

fca0a0e69b08485fa71d558266ec2287_RackMultipart20181120-6928-6wr6a1-country_inline.png

Bulk (Multi-edit)

fca0a0e69b08485fa71d558266ec2287_RackMultipart20181120-91827-ibpk72-country-multi_inline.png

As the GUI above says, set this first.

HTH

-Gareth

GTM-P2G8KFN