cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS 16.1 Releases with New Hardware and Role-based Policy Support!

EXOS 16.1 Releases with New Hardware and Role-based Policy Support!

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
We are pleased to announce that our secure, role-based policy management technology is now available for the newly launched Summit® X450-G2 family of fixed switches and some other select previously released Summit switches. This marks the integration of proven policy and security management technology into the ExtremeXOS® operating system, allowing customers the flexibility to define and manage end-to-end policy in mixed Extreme Networks' wired and wireless environments, including those with IdentiFiTM Access Points, the A, B, C, K and S-Series switches and the Summit line of switches.

New Hardware Supported in ExtremeXOS 16.1:
  • BDXB-40G12X-XL I/O, BDXA-G48T, and BDXA-G48X modules for the BlackDiamond X8 series switches
  • Summit X450-G2 series switches: 24t-10GE4, 24p-10GE4, 48t-10GE4, 48p-10GE4, 24t-GE4, 24p-GE4, 48t-GE4, 48p-GE4
New and Corrected Features in ExtremeXOS 16.1:
  • RADIUS Authentication and Authorization Enhancements
  • ONEPolicy
  • Access Control List (ACL) Library Enhancements
  • Class of Service (CoS) Enhancements
  • Command Usability Enhancements
  • Access Control List (ACL) Two-Stage Policy
  • Various Security Enhancements
  • Generalized Precision Time Protocol (gPTP) Enhancement
  • Extreme Loop Recovery Protocol (ELRP) Port Shutdown
  • Increase of Protocol-Independent Multicast (PIM) Control Packets
  • OpenFlow Updated Match Conditions and Actions
  • Alternate Stacking Supported on 1G Variant of Summit X460-G2 Series Switches
  • Two-Way Active Measurement Protocol (TWAMP) Light
  • Flow Redirects (Policy-Based Routes) Limits Increase
  • Single Virtual Group for User Access Control Lists (ACLs)
  • 40Gbps LR4 Parallel Single-Mode (PSM) Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable (QSFP) Optical Transceivers
Additional details on these features can be found in the documentation listed below.
In anticipation of a few questions, we've proactively published a few articles to GTAC Knowledge to coincide with this release.
Official Press Release: http://investor.extremenetworks.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=919071

If you've got any questions, feel free to post them here.
16 REPLIES 16

Jarek_Sobieszek
New Contributor
Do you tested it ? . When I have added to policy manager summit switch and enable 802.1x/MAC authentication on switch and on port. The NAC doesn't see end system. I must prepare special config on switch ?

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Let's discuss the problem in a new thread. Please reference the new conversation here: Unable to get Policy to work in EXOS 16.1

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Hi Jarek,

In order to have Policy support, you need:

NetSight 6.2.0.221 or above
EXOS 16.1.1 or above
A supported Summit platform (as of 16.1: x450G2, x460G2, x670G2, x770)

Best Regards,
Stephane

Jarek_Sobieszek
New Contributor
The device with EXOS 16.1 and NetSight 6.2 doesn't support policy . I have checked this !!!

GTM-P2G8KFN