cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Management Center - Tasks - Scheduled Tasks

Extreme Management Center - Tasks - Scheduled Tasks

Chris_Skelton
New Contributor
Hi there, I was hoping to get some information regarding scheduled tasks in Extreme Management Center. I'd like to start small and schedule a basic script to run on a device. When I attempt to create a scheduled task i select "Type - Scripting Task" from the pull-down menu. When I select "Script Task Name" the pull-down menu is empty. This is where I'm stuck as I don't know why there are no scripts to select. The "Tasks - Scripts" section is full of different scripts to choose. Clearly I'm missing something but I've read the help files and I haven't found much that goes into detail regarding the building of a scheduled script task.

If anyone has some experience with this I would be grateful for your insight.
Thanks for your help.

Chris
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi Chris,

The Script Task Name drop-down list populates with scripts you have saved as a Saved Task. To save a script as a Saved Task, select it on the Scripts tab and click Run. The Run Script dialog box appears. On the Run-Time Settings tab, select Run Now and Save as a Task or Save as a Task (depending on whether you want to run it now AND save it as a Saved Task, or just save it as a Saved Task to run later). Continue through all of the tabs in the dialog box and click the Run button. The script is saved as a Saved Task, which allows it to be selected as a Scheduled Task.

For more info, check out the following link:

https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/oneview/docs/tasks/docs/ov_ht_schedule.htm

Thanks!

John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Chris_Skelton
New Contributor
Hi John, thank you very much for your prompt and informative response. Part of my issue was that I was creating CLI scripts which doesn't show the additional options you mentioned. I guess that method isn't supported for scheduling.

Thanks again, very helpful.

Chris

John_Moore
Extreme Employee
Hi Chris,

The Script Task Name drop-down list populates with scripts you have saved as a Saved Task. To save a script as a Saved Task, select it on the Scripts tab and click Run. The Run Script dialog box appears. On the Run-Time Settings tab, select Run Now and Save as a Task or Save as a Task (depending on whether you want to run it now AND save it as a Saved Task, or just save it as a Saved Task to run later). Continue through all of the tabs in the dialog box and click the Run button. The script is saved as a Saved Task, which allows it to be selected as a Scheduled Task.

For more info, check out the following link:

https://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/oneview/docs/tasks/docs/ov_ht_schedule.htm

Thanks!

John
GTM-P2G8KFN