cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to downgrade Analytics Linux

How to downgrade Analytics Linux

oecheverria
Extreme Employee
Ho can I make a downgrade from version 8.2.4.40 to 8.2.2.100?
The reason is to make a test with some bugs of the Experimental version (8.2.2.100)

This is the message I got when I'm trying to install:

Upgrading Application Analytics Engine from 8.2.4.40 to 8.2.2.100
This Application Analytics Engine is running 8.2.4.40 which is newer than 8.2.2.100. An upgrade will not be performed

I read I need to uninstall and then install the version 8.2.2.100, but I can't find the path for uninstall.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

You can try to run the bin file and use the -f option to force run the bin file.

./filename.bin -f

Be aware that downgrading is not tested. The above command will be run at your own risk.

Really the best way to downgrade would be re-deploy the VM or re-image the box on the desired code. Forcing the bin file to run won't undo any package or kernel upgrades that were completed so it's not a clear backrev.

Thanks
-Ryan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

You can try to run the bin file and use the -f option to force run the bin file.

./filename.bin -f

Be aware that downgrading is not tested. The above command will be run at your own risk.

Really the best way to downgrade would be re-deploy the VM or re-image the box on the desired code. Forcing the bin file to run won't undo any package or kernel upgrades that were completed so it's not a clear backrev.

Thanks
-Ryan
GTM-P2G8KFN