cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identify ports down for special reasons

Identify ports down for special reasons

jeronimo
Contributor III

I am looking for a way to be notified for, or at least have a view, of ports going or being down for specific reasons like disabled port because of link flapping.

I must admit I haven't spent a lot of time yet trying to figure this out. The only thing I see is that if traps are enabled, there is a warning each time a port goes down for whatever reason, which is not exactly interesting.

(VOSS 8.8 & XIQ-SE)

Essentially I'd like to get the REASON column from "show int gig state"

jeronimo_0-1681908117164.png

However I have not understood how the Flexviews reference the SNMP entries. I.e. if I have

<dataField>OID::ifAdminStatus:::SNMP::SNMPW; ....

How does it know what "OID" is. Where is the reference made from "OID" to the actual place in the SNMP tree?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeronimo
Contributor III

I've found it, let's just do it like in the old days without AI an ML and whatnot 😉

It's in rapidCity private MIB in the port table 1.3.6.1.4.1.2272.1.4.10.1.1.114

You have to start legacy Java FlexView Editor from Administration > Diagnostics > Server > Server Utilities > FlexView Editor

Then you can connect via SNMP to the switches (after having configured SNMP credentials, it does not seem to allow to just select a preconfigured admin profile in XIQ-SE)

You will then also be able to open and save FlexViews as before by selecting "Properties" in the Open/Save/Properties dropdown in the flexview tab, and going to the Columns tab in the properties dialog in order to see where in the MIB the info is located.

The editor will save locally in %APPDATA%\NetSight\Console\My FlexViews and you have to upload them to XIQ-SE server as instructed in the user guide ("Add Custom FlexViews and MIBs") (/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/VendorProfiles/Stage/MyVendorProfile/FlexViews/My FlexViews)

Take care about the capitalization of directory names *sigh*

The flexview by design allows you to disable/enable the port to get it back working in case of "linkflap" for example. Wouldn't it be cool to just be able to "reset" it with one click? 😉 #year2023

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jeronimo
Contributor III

I've found it, let's just do it like in the old days without AI an ML and whatnot 😉

It's in rapidCity private MIB in the port table 1.3.6.1.4.1.2272.1.4.10.1.1.114

You have to start legacy Java FlexView Editor from Administration > Diagnostics > Server > Server Utilities > FlexView Editor

Then you can connect via SNMP to the switches (after having configured SNMP credentials, it does not seem to allow to just select a preconfigured admin profile in XIQ-SE)

You will then also be able to open and save FlexViews as before by selecting "Properties" in the Open/Save/Properties dropdown in the flexview tab, and going to the Columns tab in the properties dialog in order to see where in the MIB the info is located.

The editor will save locally in %APPDATA%\NetSight\Console\My FlexViews and you have to upload them to XIQ-SE server as instructed in the user guide ("Add Custom FlexViews and MIBs") (/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/VendorProfiles/Stage/MyVendorProfile/FlexViews/My FlexViews)

Take care about the capitalization of directory names *sigh*

The flexview by design allows you to disable/enable the port to get it back working in case of "linkflap" for example. Wouldn't it be cool to just be able to "reset" it with one click? 😉 #year2023

GTM-P2G8KFN