cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Is there a way to manage port poe on and Exos switch through NetSight

Is there a way to manage port poe on and Exos switch through NetSight

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
We have a customer who wants to reset inline-power on an Exos port using NetSight. I was trying to create a column in a FlexView and thought I found the right mib.

extremePethPortResetPower OBJECT-TYPE SYNTAX INTEGER { set(1), clear(2) }
MAX-ACCESS read-write
STATUS current
DESCRIPTION
"Resets the power on the port. Reading always returns clear(2)"
::= { extremePethPsePortEntry 5 }

I have tried this on several code versions including 16.1 but always get the red X.
NetSight is 6.3.0.162 and 6.3.0.168 same results on both
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
15 REPLIES 15

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
David,
Try this instead. It may not work, but try to save off as .tpl and load it. It will momentarily set, then return to clear. It should reset your port.
We have built this already.

XOS PoE Port
com.ets.nac.tables.TbModel
ReqID

OID::ReqID:::SNMP::ReqID
IP Address

OID::IP Address:::SNMP::IP Address
Instance

OID::Instance:::SNMP::Instance
PortOperatorLimit

OID::extremePethPortOperatorLimit:::SNMP::SNMPW;false;2;3;true;false;4;2;0;0;0;0;0
PortReservedBudget

OID::extremePethPortReservedBudget:::SNMP::SNMPW;false;2;4;true;false;4;2;0;0;0;0;0
PortViolationPrecedence

OID::extremePethPortViolationPrecedence:::SNMP::SNMPW;false;2;5;true;false;4;2;0;0;0;0;0
PortClearFault

OID::extremePethPortClearFault:::SNMP::SNMPW;false;2;6;true;false;4;2;0;0;0;0;0
PortResetPower

OID::extremePethPortResetPower:::SNMP::SNMPW;false;2;7;true;false;4;2;0;0;0;0;0
PortMeasuredPower

OID::extremePethPortMeasuredPower:::SNMP::SNMP;false;66;8;false;false;4;2;0;0;0;0;0

TBLHASH::::TBLHDR::0;0;true;30;None;V.0.3.3.0;0;0;106

Yes,

I have that procedure down. All I really need though to make the customer happy is a column they can type in, like the User Data columns on the properties device tab.
So I just need to add a column that does not have a mib associated with it.

You should be able to customize those Flexviews and "save as" to something else. I think you know well how to do that based on the previous flexview you created. So I would modify as needed and test.
But in general, to add a column, you would open flexview->Properties->Columns->Find OID->Click New
See below - #2 and #4 are outputs of arrows #1 and then #3.
You can then drag and drop those columns around till it's visually pleasing.

008805c478514ed8b004a347ca8e3822_RackMultipart20151110-25613-vmlbmt-Screen_Shot_2015-11-10_at_2_43_23_PM_inline.png

Mike,

Thank you very much for the files the are very helpful.
My problem was that I was trying to add a column to a flexview that was looking at interfaces instead of instances. Does that make sense? If not I can attach a screen shot.
I am working with this new information to try and give the customer exactly what they want. Is it possible to add a user defined column?
GTM-P2G8KFN