Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netlogin MAC-based auth problems

Netlogin MAC-based auth problems

Ilya_Semenov
Contributor
Hello, everybody,

I've got a recommendation from Extreme's empoloyee (he is really expert!) to configure netlogin mac-based auth. (I need it to bring more data like Device Type and Operationg System from identity-management on Summits to Netsight. NAC is also involved).

He said:

"For MAC-auth your users does not need to enter anything at all – they just connecting to the network as usual and NAC automatically does the mac-auth (for visibility purpose only) . When you add “switch” into the NAC switch database , you can select “no attribute to send back” , in this case MAC-auth happens but no policy will be applied to the port , so clients connected as usual but NAC knows everything about the client and provide this details in NMS screens/reports."

How can I configure that "MAC-auth for visibility purpose only"? I've tried to do so many times and every time switch just blocks a port when I attach any device...

Please, help! Does somebody understand how exactly should I do configure mac-based netlogin auth on summit taking into the consideration the recommendation above?

Many thanks in advance,

Ilya

15 REPLIES 15

Hello, Jeremy,

I have not such commands in 16.1.2.14 on X430:

X430-48t.10 # configure netlogin port 17 ?
allow Allow traffic, even when not authenticated
mode Configure port operation mode
no-restart Do not restart the port when all clients unauthenticate
restart Restart the port when all clients unauthenticate
* X430-48t.10 # configure netlogin port 17

Is this an equal - configure netlogin port 17 allow egress-traffic all_cast ?

61e33b30697b4356ac07a617456e9caa_RackMultipart20170527-50151-1ge6zrb-IMG_0714_inline.png

can you run show netlogin session port... The command is similar to that but will show the status of the device.

Thanks, Jeremy...

I think "configure netlogin port 1:36 authentication mode optional" isn't enough... Should it be some more configuration strings? I think, it must.

Matthew_Helm1
Extreme Employee
Please post your current switch configuration.
GTM-P2G8KFN