Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netsight trends

Netsight trends

Formia
New Contributor

Hello,

I am using Netsight 6.3.0.168 and I am trying to find a way to create some trend by using MIBs.

For example I need to monitor the CPU utilization of all Switches and show it in a monthly trend. The same also for some port bandwidth or utilization percentage in switches.

However, I could not find a way to schedule some MIB get (with certain frequency) working in background.

Is that possible with this Netsight version? 

Thanks

Andrea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrea, I believe you would need to upgrade to the NetSight(NMS) license (one step above the NMS-Base license). 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrea, I believe you would need to upgrade to the NetSight(NMS) license (one step above the NMS-Base license). 

Formia
New Contributor

Hi Ryan

With our license (NMS-BASE-XX) I could upgrade just up to version 7.1.3.25, but still there was no option to enable the Device Statistic Collection. After that I tested this version with an Evaluation License and the option appeared.

Therefore, I could retrieve some report.

Do you know what license I would need to enable the Device Statistic Collection (and, in addition also update the version to 8.3.3.11 or 8.4.4)?

Thanks

Andrea

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

i believe the base license has access to this feature, however in 6.3 it’s likely located in a different place. There have been very significant UI changes since 6.3. 

6.3 is also no longer supported. I would recommend getting up to 8.3.3.11 or 8.4.4. 

6.3 was early in the development process for the statistics collection improvements. 

Thanks

-Ryan

Formia
New Contributor

Hi Ryan

I cannot find the way to enable the collection of device statistics. I found out that my license is NMS-BASE-50…..

The BASE licenses may be limited to some functions only.

Should I upgrade the license?

Thanks

Andrea

GTM-P2G8KFN