Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

NetSight Wireless Clients Event Analyzer shows -1 as SNR

NetSight Wireless Clients Event Analyzer shows -1 as SNR

htw
New Contributor III
Hi,
when I take a look at Netsight EMC 8.0.2 / Wireless / Clients / Client Events table, row: "Metrics" (it's the last one in the table), there is always "-1" as SNR value. Except for some roam events, there is "87" or "88" shown as SNR value. The Event Analyzer graph shows "0" as RSS value. As a result the markers are not colored green or red, they are grey instead.

When I look at my V2110-Large controller (10.31.04.0009) clients report table, the RSS value is about -45. (AP is an AP3825i)

Is this behaviour expected?

And I can't find the client history window. (EMC Manual "Opens a report displaying bandwidth, RSS, and packet statistics for the selected client. (You can also access the Client History report by clicking on a client's MAC address in the table.) From the Client History window, you can click a button to launch PortView for that client.")

When I open the menu for a wireless client at "Wireless / clients / clients (list)" the selectable items are
- event analyzer
- client port view
- search maps
- ap summary

Can please someone confirm if they have or have not the same problems with EMC 8.0.2 and V2110-Large 10.31.2 and 10.31.4?
8 REPLIES 8

M_Nees
Contributor III
Current XMC Update 8.1.3 solve this problem - with EWC 10.31.07 shows now realistic SNR values (not -1).

htw
New Contributor III
Hi,
I looked at todays and yesterdays ...NetSight/appdata/logs/server.log. There were no entries like that.

M_Nees
Contributor III
So currently is not enough reliable for troubleshooting!

I hope Extreme will repair this.

Do you check XMC server.log if you have some errors ?
"getMuRssData(): Failed to get MU RSS data on EWC"

htw
New Contributor III
Hi,
the collection of SSIDs Interface Stats did not change very much at metrics values. I still see a lot of 88 and -1@SNR and 0 @ RSSI. EWC and 3805i APs are @ 10.41.4 and XMC is @ 8.0.4.

a5f1cd5fbbfb43a6b26358de342199d2_RackMultipart20180228-121973-16qslg6-clientmetric_inline.jpg

GTM-P2G8KFN