Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncheck "Restart Devices after Upgrade" by default - Update Firmware

Uncheck "Restart Devices after Upgrade" by default - Update Firmware

joshross28
New Contributor II

Hey All,

As the title suggests, I'm looking to see if I can UNCHECK this box by default. We absolutely do not want any production devices automatically restarting. Software will be staged ahead of time.

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

The short answer is no. There is no option to have this be unchecked by default. The system parses through the list of devices selected and checks the archive script method for any "Reset" sections defined. If one is found, the option is by default checked and the column "Supports Reset" should be checked.

Doing a quick sanity check it does appear that the "Supports Reset" column/check box does not always properly indicate if a switch supports this method or not.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

The short answer is no. There is no option to have this be unchecked by default. The system parses through the list of devices selected and checks the archive script method for any "Reset" sections defined. If one is found, the option is by default checked and the column "Supports Reset" should be checked.

Doing a quick sanity check it does appear that the "Supports Reset" column/check box does not always properly indicate if a switch supports this method or not.

Thanks Robert. It sounds like an updated script with no reset commands is what I'll be needing to do.

GTM-P2G8KFN