Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

View The Switch Port An AP Is Attached To In Extreme Management

View The Switch Port An AP Is Attached To In Extreme Management

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

When doing a search for an AP by name, serial, IP or selecting it via the Wireless -> Access Points section, it would be really useful to see what switch, and switch port it is connected to - which is one of the useful features the tool has in tracing where end-systems are connected.

Below is a few examples of the various places AP information is provided, but no detail on where in the network the AP is physically connected:

9b455bcef08d46b4884a28d025abc33a_RackMultipart20170801-101065-tzaj2r-AP-Connect_inline.png

9b455bcef08d46b4884a28d025abc33a_RackMultipart20170801-81182-rmpx7q-AP-Connect-2_inline.png

One way in I can see where the AP is attached is to do a compass search, as per below:

9b455bcef08d46b4884a28d025abc33a_RackMultipart20170801-16270-1h1q45c-AP-Connect-1_inline.png

Just wondered if there is any other way, or the possibility could be added or is coming to show the information in the Oneview.

Many thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

M_Nees
Contributor III

With XMC V8.3 WiNG APs should be recognize via LLDP and shown in map in the same manner as they will be authenticated.

I try that with identify APs but this failed in current 8.3 and will be available at future V8.5.

BR,
Matthias

Ostrovsky__Yury
Extreme Employee
Thats correct . But make sure that the number of users for auth on the port is limited to 1 , otherwise the wireless clients who doing mac/dot1x while bridged at AP will have an issue. In the latest XOS (21.2x I believe) there is an option for "Ap aware port" which will limit this number automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Yury, probably wouldn't have done that had you not mentioned it. Cheers.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
You'd do authentication on the switch port - then it would show the AP in EMC.
A basic MAC based auth with a allow all would be enough, it's just to feed the information into EMC.
GTM-P2G8KFN