Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

XIQ-SE shows neither Application Response Time, nor Network Response Time

XIQ-SE shows neither Application Response Time, nor Network Response Time

mneumann
New Contributor

Hello Team,

I was able to load switches of different types (ERS-Series, EXOS-Series, VSP-Series) in XIQ-SE Analytytics, but no values for Application Response Time or Network Response Time are displayed and evaluated in the Application Flows. All switches have current firmware and the configuration on the switches with regard to application telemetry is also available. Does anyone here have the same phenomenon and/or is there already a solution or workaround for this?

Thanks - Matthias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your patience here while I looked in to this for you. The missing application/network response times is usually a condition where netflow is being sent to analytics but not the tunneled client traffic.

In order for analytics to make calculations on the delay between certain client traffic it needs to be given that client traffic.

With ERS, EXOS, VSP I think theyā€™re supposed to be using app telemetry which encapsulates the client traffic in an erspan tunnel. Looks like port 6343 if Iā€™m looking at the right one. 

This article might be able to help:

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082115

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mneumann
New Contributor

Voila: GTAC Case Number: 02413743

Thanx - Matthias

mneumann
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

ā€œtcpdump -i eth0 port 6343ā€ on analytics appliance is showing sFlowv5 data as expected of all configured devices.

ā€œ tcpdump -i eth0 proto 47ā€œ on analytics appliance is showing nothing.

Most of all relevant devices were onboarded as described and are showing the right  ERSPAN-IP and/or Exporter-IP.

29af0ca8e458438bad53e6179758be08_5ec85aec-8c87-4f4e-9505-973fa075724f.png

Thanx - Matthias

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your patience here while I looked in to this for you. The missing application/network response times is usually a condition where netflow is being sent to analytics but not the tunneled client traffic.

In order for analytics to make calculations on the delay between certain client traffic it needs to be given that client traffic.

With ERS, EXOS, VSP I think theyā€™re supposed to be using app telemetry which encapsulates the client traffic in an erspan tunnel. Looks like port 6343 if Iā€™m looking at the right one. 

This article might be able to help:

https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000082115

mneumann
New Contributor

Hi Sam, thanks for your reply. The XIQ runs in a pure Lab environment and therefore has no support contract. However, exactly this is asked for immediately if I would open a case in the GTAC, which I can do with pleasure, but will certainly not lead to any success because of the missing contract. How should I proceed in this case?
Thanx - Matthias

GTM-P2G8KFN