Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

XMC 8.1 Policy Manager shows A2-Series as UNSUPPORTED

XMC 8.1 Policy Manager shows A2-Series as UNSUPPORTED

LeoP1
Contributor
Greetings Guys,

Here we go again with legacy gear... But they are dying hard, because *almost* nothing can break it, they got forgotten in some dark places and still running (and customers love it)...

I have some customers still running some old A2-Series switches for some "dirty work" in non-important places of the network.

Until the release of 8.1 the customer was able to use the Policy Manager to configure and manage these switches for Radius and Authentication (MGMT, MAC and 802.1x) (no policy support), but since the upgrade to 8.1 it now shows as UNSUPPORTED, despite it's shown as supported on the EMC Supported Firmware Guide.

The customer want to use these switches do monitor the Power Grid meters, Water tower and other less-critical applications in HOSTILE environments that A2 can handle easily (belive me when I say HOSTILE).

Anybody saw something like it?

Best regards,

-Leo

7 REPLIES 7

LeoP1
Contributor
Hello Guys,

Any ideas?

Best regards,

-Leo

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi Ron,

The customer doesn't have NAC...

What I'm looking for is to add the devices to a policy domain (as happened until the release of the EMC šŸ˜Ž, where the customer was allowed to configure Radius (for Auth and MGMT) and Authentication (MAC and 802.1x) for access ports, as we had in EMC 7 and previous versions (Policy Manager related tasks as it worked before EMC šŸ˜Ž, just like the examples below from a Legacy B2:

I haven't tried to add an old E1 (even older and long time discontinued, and dumped by the customer) to the domain, but I think it would be allowed, but A2 is now "unsupported".

Best regards,

-Leo

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Is that what you are looking for .....

146f5178f66e45cd896c9f9936768b88_RackMultipart20180621-85788-fh55dt-A2_NAC_radius01_inline.png

result....

146f5178f66e45cd896c9f9936768b88_RackMultipart20180621-125418-18lemvp-A2_NAC_radius03_inline.png

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi Ron,

The customer uses Microsoft NPS for auth.
GTM-P2G8KFN