cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP230 serial number release

AP230 serial number release

Dwight_2
New Contributor

Hi, recently bought 2 old areohive AP230’s was reading that I would need to ask to have the serial numbers released so I could add them to the extreme IQ managment. Only have 1 unit on hand though. i hope it wont be to much trouble to add a comment later with the other SN?

SN of AP230: 02301601110834

Thanks In Advance,

Dwight

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for those additional serial numbers, I’ve reached out to the original owner for those devices as well. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back on any of these devices, thank you very much for your patience in the mean time. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Dwight_2
New Contributor

Yes, I successfully was able to add them. Thank you for all the help!

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hi Dwight, thanks for letting me know, I really appreciate you passing on those details. I went to remove these records for you, but I’m not seeing any old records anymore. Were you able to get assistance with this and/or are you able to add them to your inventory at this time?

Dwight_2
New Contributor

Hi Sam, Slight update I was just using CLI to configure the two AP230’s that I just sent the serial numbers for and found the capwap server to be named: “Transfiguration_Catholic_School”. After some googling I found out that this school has been closed for quite awhile now and I assume you may never get a response back from them if the information is correct. I’m not sure if you can do anything with this information or if it helps anything move along faster. Hope this helps move the process along either way.

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thank you for those additional serial numbers, I’ve reached out to the original owner for those devices as well. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back on any of these devices, thank you very much for your patience in the mean time. 

GTM-P2G8KFN