cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP410c / AP460c losing Capwap connection and seem to have smaller wlan cells after Firmwareupdate

AP410c / AP460c losing Capwap connection and seem to have smaller wlan cells after Firmwareupdate

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

i updated the firmware of our ap410c / ap460c to 10.4r3 at the weekend. So far everything seemed to work.

On Monday starting i got news from one of our sites that they have connection issues with our forklifts roaming between two halls. It worked before (5 Ghz SSID).
 Now it seems that the forklifts lose the connection as soon as they leave one hall and enter the outside area to get to the other one.

When i checked the IQ Cloud i noticed that some of the Aps lost their Capwap Connection but they were indeed still active in the network. Ping worked. I had to shudown them via PoE removal on the switchport. After that they went back into the cloud. Weid thing is that the PPSKs of the forklifts is localy saved on the APs, not the cloud.

I also got message from another colleague on the site that he doesnt have acces to our PPSK SSID anymore at a location where he previously had acces. Sounds like the WLAN cell got smaller. It wasnt good before the update but it worked, now it isnt even visible most of the time to him. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding more information. 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Glad to hear things are improving! Tech data could help us find the cause for the disconnections too, but before we pull the tech data if you could enable capwap debugs, that will give us a lot more detail in the logs concerning the APs connection process.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Sam,

so it seems i could fix most of the problems by rebooting all APs a few times. It works now as before the firmwareupdate.

The only thing that still occurs is the loss of the capwap connection of some APs in the XIQ. It seems to be random, across all sites and only a handfull. Do you still want a tech file of an AP?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Florian, thank you for the detailed description. Since it seems you've narrowed down the issue to the new firmware version, I'd like to do the following:

1. Pull tech data from an AP having these issues that is currently using firmware version 10.4r3. 
     1.a. If you can note the MAC address of a device having issues while the AP is on the newer firmware version, that will help narrow down which logs we need to look at here. 
2. Revert the same AP back to the previously working firmware version
3. Wait a few minutes for the AP to pass traffic with the new firmware version, then pull a second tech data file so we can compare how things are working between the two APs. 
4. If possible, open a support case on our Extreme Portal, and attach these two tech data files to the case. If you aren't able to open a support case right now, please feel free to send the tech data files to me at community@extremenetworks.com, and I'll let you know what I'm able to find. Just so you are aware, you'll get better and faster help from a support case. It's been a few years since I worked support cases; I'll do my best to help you but you'd be better off with a current technician via a case.
GTM-P2G8KFN