Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme IQ - Update "What's New"

Extreme IQ - Update "What's New"

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Just for background, you know when you login to your Extreme IQ interface, and you see the banner that says its been updated, click to see whats new.

Well, I just noticed something.  I was getting at least 4-5 (sometimes more) emails saying that, “Device x Connect State Changed -  the CAPWAP connection was lost” and then what device it was referring to, even though the AP was up and working without issues.  It was explained that sometimes its just doesn't line up and sync, and you get those messages.

No big deal.  Then two updates ago, those somewhat annoying emails stopped… Stopped completely.   It was nice.

Well, earlier this week (maybe earlier, as I only noticed it Monday morning when i got to work after the weekend, and logged into Extreme IQ), i saw the banner at the top of the screen saying its been updated, click to see whats new.  Now im getting those sporadic emails again, saying AP “x” lost its connection, even though the AP is up and working.

I dont need any troubleshooting, as they are probably just missing their window to report back to the cloud and the AP’s are not actually down, I’m more interested to know whether other people have had a similar experience.

To sum it up a little, Id always got those emails, then two updates back, they stopped, and this last update, the emails are back.

have a happy day,

Jason.

5 REPLIES 5

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

WOW, now im getting around 3 emails every hour, so its actually worse than it was before (this last back-end), and I even think this is the worst its ever been.  Interface shows all green for AP’s.

Il LOVE to know what exactly has been updated when we need that banner after logging into XIQ, anyone know?  because all we get is “what's new”, but does explain what's been done under the hood.

This is nuts.  My network hasn't changed in any way, and I’m getting these emails regardless of whether anyone is here or not.  This issue was there in the beginning, then it went away completely two updates ago, and this last update, its back with a vengeance.  All my troubleshooting skills tells me its got to be something that's been done on the backend.  Has to be.

If it becomes more than just a nonsense, ill guess ill have to open a GTAC.  Its already got 1 of 3 strikes, when I got the email about an AP, and 2 mins later a person (in the room with that AP) emails me asking if there is an issue with wifi.  Two more strikes left…

J.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

For me it was strange those emails went away, and then after the last update, the emails are back.  Did you experience anything like that, or you have been getting the emails all along?

Thanks, J

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

One other thing that just sprang to mind.  Prior to that last update, when those emails stopped, and all was well.  After this last update, not only did those emails return, but I also got two complaints about WiFi.

Might be a coincidence and unrelated, nevertheless I find the timing of that just odd.

And back to those emails, here are a few of the times when i got those emails (small sample from yesterday):

10:36am, 12:05pm, and 3:24pm

Other than the last one, 324, the day before it was very, very close to every two hours.

J.

systemscsn
Valued Contributor

Wow John, that's interesting.  The strange thing im noticing, is that im getting one email every two hours, each one about a different AP.

Is the time between emails as consistent as mine appears to be?

Also strange those emails went away, and then after the last update, the emails are back.  Did you experience anything like that, or you have been getting the emails without a break?

thanks for replying here, its appreciated,

Jason.

GTM-P2G8KFN