Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeCloudIQ Virtual appliance compatible AP

ExtremeCloudIQ Virtual appliance compatible AP

NKukke
New Contributor

Hello HUB,

One of our customer is using HIVEmanager NG and upgraded to the 20.1.5.2, need information if AP305c will be compatible with this version and the latest license XIQ-PIL-SOP-EW support the same controller where they have the perpetual licenses or they need to purchase the new XIQ-PIL-VA-DL, please conirm.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, ExtremeCloud IQ (formerly known as HiveManager NG) 20.1.5.2 will support AP305c devices, as long as the device is using a firmware version that is compatible with 20.1.5.2. You can find information on what firmware versions support which platforms in the release notes for each firmware version. 

For your licensing question, that would be a better question for your local sales engineer. If you are not sure who to reach out to for your sales engineer, please let me know generally where you are located and I will find a local contact for you to speak with. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager

I’m glad you were able to find the compatibility information in the release notes!

For licensing, I don’t have that information. You will need to speak with a sales engineer about that. If you have had a bad experience with a local sales engineer, we can find you a different one to speak with, but I will need to know generally where you are located (country is usually enough) so I can find you a sales engineer to speak with. 

NKukke
New Contributor

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the clarification on AP compatible i could get the information in release note also IQ Engine 10.3r3 Release Notes Release date: June 14, 2021 Hardware platforms supported: Atom AP30, AP122, AP122X, AP130, AP150W, AP230, AP245X, AP250, AP302W, AP305C, AP305CX, AP410C, AP460C, AP460S6C, AP460S12C, AP510C, AP510CX, AP550, AP630, AP650, AP650X, and AP1130, Management platforms supported: ExtremeCloud IQ 21.2.20.1 and later with respect to the the licensing customer have not got the convincing approach locally they need and proper confirmation if the controller can be installed with following version and both the perpetual and subscription activated together and manage the older APs like AP130 and AP305c, please help in this confirmation.

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hello, ExtremeCloud IQ (formerly known as HiveManager NG) 20.1.5.2 will support AP305c devices, as long as the device is using a firmware version that is compatible with 20.1.5.2. You can find information on what firmware versions support which platforms in the release notes for each firmware version. 

For your licensing question, that would be a better question for your local sales engineer. If you are not sure who to reach out to for your sales engineer, please let me know generally where you are located and I will find a local contact for you to speak with. 

GTM-P2G8KFN