Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login information to configure Access Points in HivemanagerNG On Premise

Login information to configure Access Points in HivemanagerNG On Premise

f_gollnik
New Contributor

Hello,

we are currently still using the old aerohive hivemanager on premise with active maintenance and have installed the new hivemanager "Extreme Cloud IQ On Prem".
The login via https://IP:3000 works. However, how is the access for configuring the APs etc. via https://IP ?

It asks for an email and password, which I did not have to enter when importing the OVA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying. For the HiveManager UI, the defaults would be either admin/admin or admin/aerohive. During the OVA set up there should have been an option to set the admin email and password, if that was skipped then it would be using the one of the above default options. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SamPirok
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying. For the HiveManager UI, the defaults would be either admin/admin or admin/aerohive. During the OVA set up there should have been an option to set the admin email and password, if that was skipped then it would be using the one of the above default options. 

f_gollnik
New Contributor

Hello, 

no that was not my question.

I have just imported the newer hivemanagerng OVA-File and want to access the UI of the Hivemanagerng.

When I open the UI via the IP of the VM in my browser it asks for an email and password to login.

I don’t have any idea what to enter here to configure ssids etc. to the APs.

SamPirok
Community Manager

Hello, when logging in to the AP’s Web UI (found by navigating to the AP’s IP address in your browser), you would want to use the same credentials as when you SSH in to the AP.

By default that would be either admin/aerohive or admin/Aerohive1. If you’ve updated your AP’s SSH credentials to be something other than the default (you can check this in HiveManager Classic by going to Home> Administration> Device Management), you’ll want to use those credentials instead. 

Is that what you were asking? 

GTM-P2G8KFN