cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service TAC&OS is necessary in renovating XIQ?

Cesar_Gomez
New Contributor

I need to Buy a service TAC&OS when I only need the XIQ?
1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi there, you don't necessarily need to purchase TAC & OS support to use XIQ, but it would be recommended if you have a problematic network environment or if you need assistance with setup or configuration. If you just want to use the basic functions in XIQ, you could register for the free version of XIQ, called ExtremeCloud IQ Connect. This version of XIQ is free to use for life, but it has a limited feature set.

If you want to use the full feature set, you would need to purchase a license for XIQ, but again you wouldn't necessarily need to purchase TAC & OS support to use the full featured version of XIQ. If you would like to explore options for purchasing a license for the full featured version of XIQ, I can help you find a local sales engineer if you can let me know generally where you are located. 

When using either version of XIQ, you can update your device firmware directly from XIQ, so you wouldn't need to purchase OS support necessarily. You can also purchase support on a case by case basis in case you need support in an emergency but don't want to pay for the service on a continuing basis. 

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions!
GTM-P2G8KFN