Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The device appears to be in use by another VIQ

The device appears to be in use by another VIQ

Stephanv
New Contributor
Goodmorning,

I have revied a couple of old AP120 Accesspoint from my  employer and want to use them at my home. Is it possible to get this devices unlocked?

Serialnumbers:

Stephan
6 REPLIES 6

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Luciano, thank you for letting us know. I do see that device registered to a previous owner so we will need to get their written permission before we can remove the old records for you. I've reached out to the original owner now, and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them. Please feel free to check in with me here anytime for an update. 

I appreciate the offer for the proof of purchase, but unfortunately all I can move forward with is written permission from the previous owner. Thanks for your patience, hopefully we can get this resolve for you quickly.

BillL
Extreme Employee
The easiest way is to simply have your employer log in and delete these devices from inventory in their instance/VIQ.  Otherwise, due to security reasons, we cannot purge them without a letter from the original owner stating that they are now legally in your possession and that its ok for us to remove them from the backend.
Bill Lundgren, Distinguished Engineer
Portfolio Architect - Architecture, Security and Compliance
Extreme Networks
GTM-P2G8KFN