Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A4H124 former stack ports not available

A4H124 former stack ports not available

crodrigl
New Contributor

Hello,

I have recently replaced a SecureStack A4H124 stack member: removed a 24 port unit and replaced with a 48 port one (both were A4H124-xxP).

Now, ports 25 & 26 (which were the stack ports in the 24 port unit) are not available in the 48 port unit, and cannot find a way to “activate” them again.

¿Any idea of what to do to restore these ports to ethernet mode?

The stack is working fine otherwise, but having 2 missing ports in the middle of a switch is a bit error-prone.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, looks like Peter already has you going in the right direction here. I’d suggest backing up the switch’s configuration via TFTP to a remote PC for safe keeping, powering down switch 3, then running the command “clear switch member 3” without the quotations, then power 3 back up and reload your configuration. Since you are doing this remotely, be sure your uplink isn’t switch 3. If it is, you’ll want to be local for this process. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

crodrigl
New Contributor

Sorry too for the long delay, it has not been easy to find a suitable restart window…

Sam, your solution worked as expected, missing ports are again available.

Summarizing:

1. Save current configuration to manager file: “show config outfile configs/config.cfg”
  2. Power-off affected unit.
  3. Execute command “clear switch member 3”
  4. Power on affected unit.
  5. When it is re-attached to the stack, apply saved configuration: “configure configs/config.cfg”

Thank you both, Sam & Peter.

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry for the delay getting back to you, looks like Peter already has you going in the right direction here. I’d suggest backing up the switch’s configuration via TFTP to a remote PC for safe keeping, powering down switch 3, then running the command “clear switch member 3” without the quotations, then power 3 back up and reload your configuration. Since you are doing this remotely, be sure your uplink isn’t switch 3. If it is, you’ll want to be local for this process. 

crodrigl
New Contributor

Thanks Peter…

I’m afraid its not the right time to break the entire stack, so maybe we leave these 2 ports as “unavailable”.

Anyway, if you think it may make any sense, I could remove that member (clear switch member...) and apply stack configuration file again. Yes, the stack will reset, but it seems safer taking into account all this is going to be done remotely.

Regards,

Carlos

PeterK
Contributor II
command: clear switch member <switch_ID>

As far as I remember right, it was always a bit difficult, to replace a Unit with a different port-number.

In worst case:

1. Backup Config
  2. modify config using text-editor
  3. clear complete config including stacking
  4. rebuild stack
  5. insert modified config
GTM-P2G8KFN