Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S-Series Packet-Loss

S-Series Packet-Loss

Eisi1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have some problems with Packet-Loss at a S-Series switch/router. Every day I get  "SNMP Contact Lost" in Netsight for some switches. I have found a device, which is dropping the SNMP-packets (requests). With “debug packet” at this device I get this:

Jan 26 13:41:00 X.X.5.91 DbgIpPkt[2][424],  RECEIVE:   ingress on port lag.0.1, vr global, vlan.0.1, Matched ipv4 acl 110, rule[1: permit ip host X.X.4.8 host X.X.5.237],  FATE:      Forwarding discontinued, cause: NTP_DEFER, vlan.0.4, vr global, nexthop X.X.5.237, flow disallowed,  PKT-ORIG:  InPort(lag.0.1) LEN(114) DA(20:B3:99:9B:67:33) SA(00:0C:29:A9:14:87) C-TAG(8100:0001) ETYPE(0800) SIP(X.X.4.8) DIP(X.X.5.237) VER(4) HLEN(5) TOTALLEN(92) PROTO(17) TOS(0) TTL(64) UDP_DST(161) UDP_SRC(59214)

Now I need to know what “Forwarding discontinued, cause: NTP_DEFER” means in detail and what is the reason for it?

I was not able to find any time-related error in Netsight-server and S-Series switch/router.

5 REPLIES 5

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know Eisi, yes that would likely prohibit a case. I ran this past our EOS engineers again and they were only able to suggest general troubleshooting, tracing the SNMP packets to see where they fail. I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful here.  

Eisi1
New Contributor III

Hi Sam,

thanks. I can open a case, but the hardware is old S150 (EOSL). Is it possible to get some support for this?

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eisi, thanks for clarifying for me. I ran this past an EOS tech for guidance and they asked that we open a case to troubleshoot this further since the CPU load doesn’t seem to be the issue here. 

Eisi1
New Contributor III

Hi Sam,

thanks for the fast answer. What do you mean with “CPU packet for NTP “?  The dst-Ip-adress and port show me it’s a snmp-packet which needs to be forwarded to the switch.  CPU-Load is at ~ 25 %.

GTM-P2G8KFN