Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERVER DHCP EXERNAL

SERVER DHCP EXERNAL

Bryan_Hernadez
New Contributor
code:
Hi  people !!  I am form Chilean 🙂 a query,  I need that to vlan that are configured to the SW, receive DHCP to is Server DHCP external... for exmaple Pfsense, Winds server or other server linux, what what should I do in the SW apart from creating the vlan? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Matthew_Hum
Contributor
Is the DHCP server also in the same VLAN? If yes, then you shouldn't need to do anything to get an IP via DHCP.
If no, then is the switch you are creating also functioning as the inter-vlan router? The inter-vlan routers in the network should enable bootprelay or IP helpers to forward the DHCP broadcasts to the DHCP server. If the switch is just a flat L2 switch, then nothing needs to be done.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_Hum
Contributor
Is the DHCP server also in the same VLAN? If yes, then you shouldn't need to do anything to get an IP via DHCP.
If no, then is the switch you are creating also functioning as the inter-vlan router? The inter-vlan routers in the network should enable bootprelay or IP helpers to forward the DHCP broadcasts to the DHCP server. If the switch is just a flat L2 switch, then nothing needs to be done.
GTM-P2G8KFN