Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERS 35,36 trigger re-authentication

ERS 35,36 trigger re-authentication

TobiasW
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

can anyone help me with manual re-auth for Clients connected on ERS35 or 36?

I’m currently migrating NAC off Ignition towards Control, and I don’t really enjoy waiting until the re-auth timer passes and the switch sends an re-auth request to the new Radius Server (Control)…

“eap init re-authenticate” doesn’t work…

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks and BR

Tobias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Tobbias,

Reading again your post, the solution is to configure the ERS with the template mentionned in the post above concerning the re-auth server.

Configure the re-auth behaviour in Control and send a re-authentication command per client.

Mig

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TobiasW
New Contributor III

Thanks for you answer, Mig !

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Tobbias,

Reading again your post, the solution is to configure the ERS with the template mentionned in the post above concerning the re-auth server.

Configure the re-auth behaviour in Control and send a re-authentication command per client.

Mig

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Tobbias,

Did you configured the CoA in IDE?

0ff32bdf3cc74bc5980cd161658cb326_67744f1d-6a7e-4f15-a2f1-cae6812fd303.png
0ff32bdf3cc74bc5980cd161658cb326_c6ded49b-ed5e-4670-9725-fdecde378b4f.png

I never tested it but you could maybe configure IDE as radius auth server and Control as CoA server as the settings for radius server and coa server are separate.

Mig

TobiasW
New Contributor III

Hi Mig, thanks for the reply.

Yes, I use the displayed re-auth settings.

But I mean something else.

The customer has active NAC sessions on his ERS, the active Radius Server is Ignition. The Ports are configured to re-authenticate every 3500 seconds.

I am not allowed to disable and re-enable all the ports, so I’m only allowed to change the Radius settings and wait unitl the re-authentication timer triggers the switch to send new request to the Radius.

Therefore I am looking for a command that forces the ERS to re-authenticate the clients after I changed the Radius Server. I don’t want to wait those 3500 seconds…

I hope you can follow what I’m saying… 😉

Stay safe!

Tobias

GTM-P2G8KFN